Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compact freight lift doesn't work
007FFF
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Compact freight lift doesn't work
After referencing some guides to ensure I'm not being a moron it appears that the compact freight lift in Tau isn't working for me.

I've placed the ARK on it, but I can't call it down or do anything else. A sound effect plays and the room shakes in the Dive Room, but that's it. The ARK remains on the upper floor.

I haven't tried going back to an older save, I'm about to do that now. I imagine this will resolve the problem and the cause is a misfiring trigger event or something. I went down to the Dive Room before finding the ARK and starting clicking on all the interactive things.. Maybe doing things in an incorrect order have caused a problem.
09-26-2015, 03:37 PM
007FFF
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Compact freight lift doesn't work
Just updating to confirm this is event-trigger issue. Going back to an older save resolved it.

I pressed the lift controls before loading up the ARK. The door was open on the top-floor, but the lift-panel had the mid-floor light lit (can't remember the floor names).

Obviously this isn't a big issue and easy to work around but felt I should report it anyway.

PS: I just finished Soma and it made me feel so many things besides horror. Congratulations to the entire team for a job well done Smile
09-26-2015, 04:48 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
You do not happen to have a save from when the elevator wasn't working? IF you could post that we could look into it and see if we can solve.
09-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Find
Unregistered

I'm also experiencing this bug, but as I'm on PS4, I can't go back to an earlier save.

Please advise. Thanks.
10-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Just select Load Game in the menu and you can go back to an earlier save.

Also make sure that it is not just the elevator panel in the common room (where the big table & TV are) that is bust. That happens if you use the wau flower there.
10-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.