Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA wont start!!
allisoneff
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Exclamation  SOMA wont start!!
Whenever I try to run SOMA through steam it just says "Failed to load config. files". It only recently started doing this after steam updated the game. I tried looking for a way to load earlier versions of the game but no luck. I've also tried running it through an administrators account, going through many different settings and tried running it. My computer has all of the required settings for the game. So if any of you know how to fix this problem without uninstalling the program or running it without steam please let me know. Thank you!
10-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: SOMA wont start!!
Could you try performing a Steam File Integrity Check? This will verify the installation of SOMA to see if you are missing any files from the recent update. You can find instructions about this method by visiting the Troubleshooting Guide, under Problem I.

If that does not work, then try opting into the beta of SOMA. I just tried running the public_beta and had no issues with it loading up. To do this:

1. Right click SOMA and click on Properties.
2. Select the "Betas" tab.
3. From the drop down list, choose public_beta
4. Once you have exited the properties, Steam will download files necessary for the beta.

To confirm you have opted in, SOMA's name in your Library will display SOMA [public_beta]

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 08:55 PM by Romulator.)
10-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.