Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
reporting a minor bug with the omni tool
Deathmancer
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago reporting a minor bug with the omni tool
I'm reporting a minor bug that involves the omni tool.

Recalling the event...

When the climber reached the bottom of the abyss i was required to swipe my omni tool on a "swipe omni tool" type interface to exit the gated area of the climber exit.

I accidentally swiped it multiple times in quick succession and after that my omni tool stayed on my screen and wouldn't go away.

My character would just hold it up there like hes about to use it but it wouldn't go away. I can't remember how exactly i made it go away. I think it involved climbing a ladder or turning a valve. some action that required both hands. however this method didn't 100% debug the problem.
Yes it made it go away but after that, and this happened only once but i observed my omni tool did not appear when i went to swipe another door lock interface.

So now the opposite is happening it wont appear.

Inserting the omni tool into an omni tool docking bay resolves this but it was stuck on my screen for a short portion of the game. An under water portion i might add.

reproduction - swipe the omni tool multiple times on a door lock in rapid succession. My frame rate may have had something to do with it glitching out since my 8800 gt is about 8 years old and my experience with games is that weird things can happen when your frame rate is juuuuust playable.

Great looking game btw. From Penumbra to SOMA what an evolution!
10-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago RE: reporting a minor bug with the omni tool
I have this same problem, only I'm right outside of Tau which means I have no docking station to use. That's quite a long ways in. Any word on alternative resolutions or if this is going to get patched?
10-23-2015, 05:43 AM
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago RE: reporting a minor bug with the omni tool
I'd say this is more than a minor bug. I am stuck in the same area as the last poster, with no way to progress in the game because it won't let me swipe the omnitool... Extremely frustrating
10-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Could you please post your save files so that the developers can track down your previous actions to determine how the bug comes up?

In the meantime, to fix this solution, try loading a save before the bug occurs. You can do so by selecting Load Game instead of Continue from the Main Menu.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2015, 07:40 AM by Romulator.)
10-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Find
RicoTheMad
Unregistered

I'm the last guest poster, here's the save file that contains the bugged status. (attached)

My guess is that this is related to the omnitool bug I experienced earlier in the level. After getting out of the Climber, the game may have registered my swipe twice on a terminal. As a result the Omnitool stayed in it's "up" state in the player's hands, whereas normally it gets put away once you use it. It stayed in this state for a long time, obviously bugged, so I tried to reset its state by using one of the WAU outlets (stick you hand in, etc).

That seemed to work, but my guess is that only fixed the display error, not the underlying bugged state of the Omnitool.

Attached Files
.zip   AutoSave_04-01-tau-outside_2015_10_24_2_12_30_0.zip (Size: 1.52 MB / Downloads: 186)
10-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

I've had the same problem, using the omni tool on something at the end of the climber thing, it stayed up a long time, disappeared somewhere on the road to Tau and now I can't enter.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the "swipe omni tool" outside of the climber thing? I hope you find the problem and fix it.

So I guess I'll go back to a previous save and see if that works in the meantime.
10-24-2015, 08:14 PM
robthebob11 Offline

Threads: 0
Gamebreaking bug. Same just happened to me. OmniTool swipes twice when exiting the Climber cage, stays out until you find a WAU port to stick your hand into, but even then the game seems to think the Tool is still out so you're unable to swipe it at the Tau airlock. By the way, I wasn't happy about having to resort to an earlier save and replaying that horror show of a level again. Thalassophobia is no joke and the game tapped into it pretty well.
10-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not sure if this game is really your cut if you have Thalassophobia...

10-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Find
Unregistered

Reporting that I have the same issue but I am on PS4. My Omnitool stayed out, and now I cannot enter Tau because I can't interact with the "Swipe Omnitool" console. Not looking forward to replaying the level.
10-30-2015, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Same for me. Steam version
11-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.