Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% GAMEBREAKING BUG! READ THIS, DEVS
ReallyAnnoying
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago 100% GAMEBREAKING BUG! READ THIS, DEVS
I can't get into Tau because the Omnitool is glitched out. I have it with me, but it's not being brought up when I try to intereact with the Omnitool panel.

I've confirmed that it's supposed to work by looking at YouTube videos.

When are you going to fix this?

Also, I'm running this on PC through Steam.

Also, I'm running this on PC through Steam.
11-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: 100% GAMEBREAKING BUG! READ THIS, DEVS
Could you upload your most recent save file where the bug is experienced so that the devs can replicate this issue?

Have you tried loading up your next most recent save from the Load Game option in the main menu?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2015, 04:42 AM by Romulator.)
11-01-2015, 04:42 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Hope that's not an other issue of 1.03
11-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Find
Unregistered

I have this same problem. Currently going back through older savegame files and replaying over and over, trying to get it to work. very frustrating.

I have gone back thru older savegames; so far, even starting over entering the structure where you pick up the robot to follow for awhile ends up glitched, so the bug happens before that.

I'm on a PC via Steam
11-02-2015, 12:18 AM
ededited Offline

Threads: 0
Hiya, same issue here – no Omnitool outside Tau.

.sav file is too big to attach here, so here it is

I have absolutely loved this game in almost every way, except for the various bugs which have broken the immersion to some degree. Undecided I'd love if you could look into this one as soon as possible so I can finish this thing! thanx

MacBook Pro, end 2013, running El Capitan
11-02-2015, 02:08 AM
Find
Unregistered

I should mention: I do have the Omnitool in the inventory, its outline shows up when I hit tab. However, right clicking on the "swipe tool", as always, does nothing, it does not register as anything.
11-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Well, unfortunately, since I personally did not encounter this issue, I am unaware of any solutions as to how to fix it than to go back to a previous save. If that doesn't work, I am unsure what will. However, as a possible workaround, here is my save which takes place just after the airlock.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk0cftwptnypne...e.zip?dl=0

You will spawn rather shortly inside Tau, where the airlock which you were supposed to enter is directly behind you.

To use it, simply extract the file inside of the .zip into your saves directory. Then when the game has opened up, choose the "Load Game" option and load the save which takes place at Site Tau on 2015-10-13.

In the meantime, I have assigned this thread to jens and raised the priority (hence the green outline around the post in the subforum). He and/or other team members may be able to assist further in trying to fix this issue. I recommend if they ask (their names will be in red, unlike mine which is in purple) for any information, you supply as much as possible!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015, 06:37 PM by Romulator.)
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Find
ededited Offline

Haha - so I actually managed to get past this by loading an earlier save game... And just when the door is about to open, the game announces 'Loading...' on screen, (which it hasn't ever done before) and hangs!
I'll give your savegame a go, thanks
11-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

If it does work, could you kindly report back if it does? I genuinely have not tested it on another machine, but I am lead to believe it should work as intended.

11-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Find
ededited Offline

The save game worked - stuck me inside Tau. Been fine since then, except now...:

Spoiler below!

I'm trying to make it across the ocean floor being pursued by the WAU beast (which is really difficult, btw) and when I'm caught by it, it gets caught in a loop of taking me back to the start, so I'm just constantly going round and round! Have to exit and reload Sad

I hope at some point you are able to crush all the bugs in this game, so new players can have the complete and fulfilling experience I can see it being. At full texture res, without all these actual glitches, this could be one of the best games around.

Fantastic game / totally bugged out. Undecided
11-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.