Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
reporting a minor bug with the omni tool
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago RE: reporting a minor bug with the omni tool
For those having problems reaching inside Tau, here is an autosave file which occurs just inside.

(11-02-2015, 06:32 PM)Modulator Wrote: [...] as a possible workaround, here is my save which takes place just after the airlock.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk0cftwptnypne...e.zip?dl=0

You will spawn rather shortly inside Tau, where the airlock which you were supposed to enter is directly behind you.

To use it, simply extract the file inside of the .zip into your saves directory. Then when the game has opened up, choose the "Load Game" option and load the save which takes place at Site Tau on 2015-10-13.

Give that a a try, since I personally had no problems reaching Tau in my playthrough.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015, 12:23 AM by Romulator.)
11-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Find
Floh Gruen
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago RE: reporting a minor bug with the omni tool
(10-24-2015, 07:27 AM)Guest Wrote: I'd say this is more than a minor bug. I am stuck in the same area as the last poster, with no way to progress in the game because it won't let me swipe the omnitool... Extremely frustrating

As i see on the forum on Steam, many people (including me) suffer from this MAJOR BUG!

I hope, the developers can fix that soon!
11-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Just load save data from the desent save file. And redo
11-13-2015, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

For me using previous saves didn't help (WIN 7.0). The root for the problem was that after descending to the abyss, the omnitool got stuck on the screen after taking it and swiping the cage door lock. Finally I managed to take the omnitool and make it disappear by turning immediately to the right and waiting for it to disappear before swiping it on the cage door. After this, I also managed to get inside Tau. However, I had to redo the horrible journey to Tau four times...!
11-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Orem
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago SOMA Omnitool bug at TAU
I know many threads have already been openned about this bug, but since nothing has happened or been updated, I felt obligated to start a new one.
I simply cannot use my omnitool after reaching TAU. The option to do so does not appear.
Please patch it as soon as possible! I have already replayed the last chapter and the bug is still there. No way to advance in the game.
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
Orem
11-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

same thing for me Sad can't enter the tau Sad almost want to quite the game rather than playthrough that underwater storm shit
12-14-2015, 06:54 AM
Unregistered

Had the same problem at Tau with omnitool. I loaded a previous game slot, when the omnitool was always in my hands. ran again all the way to Tau and didn't use the Healing Thingy. So I reached Tau with Omnitool still in my hands and could swipe it...
12-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

(11-02-2015, 08:43 PM)Guest Wrote: Same for me. Steam version

Same here for pc DL from GoG. No tool to swipe and end the chapter.
12-27-2015, 05:09 AM
picsoufred Offline

Threads: 0
Hello, i have the same problem on a steam pc version. i tried loaded a saved game before the bug appear with the omnitool, but as soon i have to used it just after the descent to go out the cage, the omnitool stay on my Hand, it disappear after puting my hand into a gel, but when i arrived at station tau i can't used it to open the door....
12-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Find
Unregistered

same here. stream version.
02-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.