Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Most disturbing areas/moments
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Most disturbing areas/moments

(09-09-2010, 03:22 AM)penumbra 4ever Wrote: in storage room...

I agree, but I haven't hit the prison yet. And people have told me that part is absolutely 100% pure terror.
09-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah, prison is pretty damn freaky. Most of my encounters (and my only death so far) have come from it.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Find
Elisius Von Pryde Offline

Threads: 1

I'm another guy who thinks the Storage area was horrifying on levels I'd never before experienced. I do think this is the scariest horror experience yet.
After I grabbed the rods and heard the growl I hid. After about two minutes with my eyes closed listening hard for footsteps I braved my way out of the room and down the hall. I got to the top of the stairs when I saw it. All I saw was one foot peek its way into the doorway and I ran. I could hear it behind me. I don't even know if it was following me or just my imagination, but by god I wasn't leaving that to chance. I hid behind the same box again. And after awhile, yet again, braved my way out. But this time I was more careful. And this time I noticed the monster had a pattern. I waited for the right time and snuck my way down the stairs and ducked for cover. I waited for it to be further away and ran my ass out of there to the entry room of the storage area. I spun around quickly to make sure I wasn't being followed. As I turned back. I saw an all too familiar white silhouette against the darkness. For a second I thought, I hoped, that it wasn't what it was. But as a growl slipped out into the dim and my night vision returned I knew I was to abandon all hope. I ran as fast as I could past it. Its claws sunk into my flesh hard but I had to keep going. I popped some painkillers, er, laudanum to steady my stride and continued. I ran quickly but I knew it was behind me. I glimpsed the end and thought ever so slightly that it would be easier to just give up then. Let it take me. I didn't let myself get myself killed, however. And as I reached the hallway it slashed me again and I was forced to take my last laudanum. I was stumbling now, and seeing red. I was sure I would die but I had to try to go further; instinct had gripped me, it was not about life, 'life' was an abstract concept and did not matter. It was about assuaging my own fear, soothing the blistering wound of terror in my mind. I reached the base of the stairs and heard the creature lunge. I knew I would die but somehow it missed, perhaps the stairs put me just above its reach. I managed to get to the door. I heard it growl in preparation for attack once again. I only barely made it through. My heart pounding, my sight red.
I could not go on. I had to take a short break. To share my story with you.
09-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

(09-09-2010, 05:01 AM)Elisius Von Pryde Wrote: I'm another guy who thinks the Storage area was horrifying on levels I'd never before experienced. I do think this is the scariest horror experience yet.
After I grabbed the rods and heard the growl I hid. After about two minutes with my eyes closed listening hard for footsteps I braved my way out of the room and down the hall. I got to the top of the stairs when I saw it. All I saw was one foot peek its way into the doorway and I ran. I could hear it behind me. I don't even know if it was following me or just my imagination, but by god I wasn't leaving that to chance. I hid behind the same box again. And after awhile, yet again, braved my way out. But this time I was more careful. And this time I noticed the monster had a pattern. I waited for the right time and snuck my way down the stairs and ducked for cover. I waited for it to be further away and ran my ass out of there to the entry room of the storage area. I spun around quickly to make sure I wasn't being followed. As I turned back. I saw an all too familiar white silhouette against the darkness. For a second I thought, I hoped, that it wasn't what it was. But as a growl slipped out into the dim and my night vision returned I knew I was to abandon all hope. I ran as fast as I could past it. Its claws sunk into my flesh hard but I had to keep going. I popped some painkillers, er, laudanum to steady my stride and continued. I ran quickly but I knew it was behind me. I glimpsed the end and thought ever so slightly that it would be easier to just give up then. Let it take me. I didn't let myself get myself killed, however. And as I reached the hallway it slashed me again and I was forced to take my last laudanum. I was stumbling now, and seeing red. I was sure I would die but I had to try to go further; instinct had gripped me, it was not about life, 'life' was an abstract concept and did not matter. It was about assuaging my own fear, soothing the blistering wound of terror in my mind. I reached the base of the stairs and heard the creature lunge. I knew I would die but somehow it missed, perhaps the stairs put me just above its reach. I managed to get to the door. I heard it growl in preparation for attack once again. I only barely made it through. My heart pounding, my sight red.
I could not go on. I had to take a short break. To share my story with you.

Dude, you oughta write a whole story for Amensia from beginning to end of the game. That paragraph was very good to read.
09-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7

The storage when I had to pick up the first drill part from the first room.I opened the door and went out and suddenly I heard the monster pursuing me from behind as I started fleeing and screaming in horror...Bastard took me down after a second in two hits.
Also, the torture chambers where you could see images of how they break their arms or cut them in half and then looking at the tools they use just made me feel sick.
09-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Find
Headhanger Offline

Threads: 1

I just got through the area with the "ascending chamber"
Spoiler below!
more like rapidly-descending chamber, right?

The scariest parts so far were definitely in the storage area (detailed below), but there have been a lot of rooms and corridors (particularly in the wine cellar) that I've just wanted to stroll on by because they're too unnerving for me to investigate. That's coming from someone who normally explores every nook, cranny, and hidden passageway, in computer games.

I was also very wary of what I called the "breathing hole" in the laboratory. Rocks shouldn't expell air.

I've only yelled aloud in shock twice so far, but the loudest and most profane moment was in that room with all of the
Spoiler below!
chains hanging from the ceiling and the flaming brazier in the centre that lights itself as you get closer.
I remember crying out when I saw and heard that.

Also, after opening that damned door in storage and seeing whatever it was that was standing in there, I barricaded it with as many boxes and barrels that I could find before tip-toeing away and pretending nothing had ever happened.

There was also a room, but I cannot remember where it was, in which one of those creepy fellers happened to walk right in and stand next to me for what seemed like forever. I was sure that Daniel was about to start crying and give his position away. As soon as the monster started to walk into the far corner of the room, I crept out and closed the door behind me. It's a good thing I played the Thief games when I was younger or I might not have been prepared for that sort of thing!

And how many of us were not crying out in terror as we fled the water monster?
09-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Website Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7

I wasn't...
Spoiler below!
Also, at the prison ,I do believe, when you open a cupboard and out of nowhere a shitload of skulls start falling down on the ground.That made me jump out of my seat.
09-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12

The storage room, just in general.

[Image: ramona_victory.gif]
09-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Find
Peanuckle Offline

Threads: 4

I've just gotten to the prison area and am going to bed for the night (lol good luck with that right?) And the storage area, specifically the large room with the chemical vats, scared me the worst. Even when I
Spoiler below!
grabbed the first rod, and a monster came in behind me
I wasn't as terrified as I was when I was standing in a large open room that was mostly dark, with several half open doors leading to rooms unknown. Absolutely terrifying.

Also reading this thread, with the mentions of the prison being scariest, just makes my night. I'm already shivering Big Grin

I've got a question about the girl in the storage room though. I assume she's a ghost, but the door in the wall on the way down to the rock blockage is jammed shut. I assumed a monster would pop out and barricaded it (monster still materialized outside the door lol) but the door was still jammed. What's behind it?

Because I'm sure as hell not going back down there.
09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

Where exactly is the
Spoiler below!
torture chamber? Is it in the prison somewhere? I think I may have missed it :[

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Find