Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Wave9
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Hello Support,

I got a problem with amnesia. I got it from Steam and it already worked on my Laptop a few weeks ago. Then I had to reinstall Windows and today I wanted to install amnesia again but I couldn't start it. It always says "Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module <UNKNOWN> at 0023:00000000"
I also just updated my driver, changed the location of the data and disabled Avast, as I read in the troubleshooting post, but nothing could help.
I read somewhere, that there is a problem with dedicated AMD Graphic card and the game uses just the Intel HD instead, but I hope there is a way to solve this anyway.
The weird thing is, that I already played this game on my Laptop.

I attached the error log to my post, if this helps you further.

I hope you can somehow help me with this.

Best regards

Sorry, I messed up the topic name...

If there is no way to change it, I can create a new topic with the same post and delete this one...
12-16-2015, 12:14 AM
Wave9
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
It seems, that the error log wasn't attached to the opening post. So I attached it to this one and hope it works this time.

Attached Files
.log   errorlog-15-12-2015(22.50.06).log (Size: 25.53 KB / Downloads: 100)
12-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
The log you should attach is the hpl.log file, you can find out where that file is in the Troubleshooting Guide under Problem X.

To provide proper support, what platform is your game on? Has it been downloaded via Steam or Gog or another store?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-17-2015, 05:31 AM
Find
Wave9
Unregistered

I downloaded it via steam and tried to launch it from there.
My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.
I got an Intel® HD Graphics 4000 and an AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M. I know there are sometimes problems with this combination, but I hope you can help me anyway...
Here is my hpl.log

Thank you.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 965 bytes / Downloads: 105)
12-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Yeah - it appears the game is still trying to use the Intel HD card. Have you tried updating via the Have Disk Method? There's not much else you can do besides that, as far as I know.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-18-2015, 12:12 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.