Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't start a new game
Bloody Raven
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago Can't start a new game
I've seen a few people encounter the same problem with little joy of success with the exception of one person. Unfortunately, I don't have a friend who can upload their profile for me to use.

I can't start a new game without receiving the FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'maps/main/vel 90' message. The file it's looking for doesn't exist and reinstalling the game and verifying the cache does nothing. Deleting my profile and creating a new one does nothing as well.

The person who did solve this problem, though the file it was looking for was '20' in the same place as mine, can be found here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...57264.html
I know what the problem is effectively, I just need a profile to use so I can play the game :/

Anyway to fix this issue?

hpl:
ERROR: Script file maps/main/vel 90.hps does not exist!
ERROR: World 'maps/main/vel 90' doesn't exist
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'maps/main/vel 90'

Cheers
07-25-2016, 01:57 PM
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Solved: 7 Years, 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: Can't start a new game
Have you tried deleting those files then verifying the integrity of game cache?

07-26-2016, 01:16 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
I've never heard of those files nor do I have them in my own install. It looks like something is interfering with the path after the initial command is sent. It seems to append that "vel 90" text to it which obviously isn't right. Not sure about why though.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2016, 01:34 AM by Mudbill.)
07-26-2016, 01:34 AM
Find
Bloody Raven
Unregistered

(07-26-2016, 01:16 AM)7heDubz Wrote: Have you tried deleting those files then verifying the integrity of game cache?

I've tried deleting various files from different areas to see if that could kick start anything, but nothing works. It just re-downloads what I got rid of and comes up with the same error. It is really infuriating :/

A couple of people in the past have had a similar problem where it looks for a file that doesn't exist, though they did change the .cfg file to try and sort it, but for some reason it kept looking for the nonexistant file. Apparently, it's an issue with the profile, or at least that's what the fix implies.
07-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Give me a bit and I'll fix up a profile for you Smile. Shame this happens. Changing the .cfg would mean editing the main_init.cfg file in the config folder. (Could you post that also? Cheers!)

-----

Update: Profile posted.

Please copy it to your Saves Directory (on a Windows Machine, it is located in Documents/Amnesia/Pig/). Copying the _Profile folder should be enough, though I've included a main_settings.cfg just in case you want to use the settings I did for the game Tongue

There are two saves; the first should be an autosave of the first map loading, and the other is one which occurs about 2 minutes after that. Selecting the one with an earlier time value from Load Game should load up the first map and allow you to watch the intro, or selecting Continue should dump you in the first map regardless.

Attached Files
.zip   _Profile.zip (Size: 510.7 KB / Downloads: 148)

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2016, 09:59 AM by Romulator.)
07-26-2016, 09:46 AM
Find
Bloody Raven
Unregistered

(07-26-2016, 09:46 AM)Romulator Wrote: Give me a bit and I'll fix up a profile for you Smile. Shame this happens. Changing the .cfg would mean editing the main_init.cfg file in the config folder. (Could you post that also? Cheers!)

-----

Update: Profile posted.

Please copy it to your Saves Directory (on a Windows Machine, it is located in Documents/Amnesia/Pig/). Copying the _Profile folder should be enough, though I've included a main_settings.cfg just in case you want to use the settings I did for the game Tongue

There are two saves; the first should be an autosave of the first map loading, and the other is one which occurs about 2 minutes after that. Selecting the one with an earlier time value from Load Game should load up the first map and allow you to watch the intro, or selecting Continue should dump you in the first map regardless.

Hey man,

Thank you so much, worked a treat. Finally able to start playing Smile I still have no idea what the issue is or why my version can't create a working profile, but at least I now have a workaround.

Here's the main_init.cfg file. Odd thing considering, from reading it, it appears as though it should work. Maybe I'm missing something.

<ConfigFiles
Resources = "resources.cfg"
Materials = "materials.cfg"

Game = "config/game.cfg"
Menu = "config/menu.cfg"
PreMenu = "config/pre_menu.cfg"
Demo = "config/demo.cfg"

DefaultMainSettings = "config/default_main_settings.cfg"
DefaultMainSettingsSDL2 = "config/default_main_settings_sdl2.cfg"

DefaultMainSettingsLow = "launcher/default_main_settings_low.cfg"
DefaultMainSettingsMedium = "launcher/default_main_settings_medium.cfg"
DefaultMainSettingsHigh = "launcher/default_main_settings_high.cfg"

DefaultUserSettings = "config/default_user_settings.cfg"
DefaultUserKeys = "config/default_user_keys.cfg"
DefaultUserKeysSDL2 = "config/default_user_keys_sdl2.cfg"

DefaultBaseLanguage = "base_english.lang"
DefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang"
/>

<Directories
MainSaveFolder = "Pig"

BaseLanguageFolder = "config/"
GameLanguageFolder = "config/lang_main/"

CustomStoryPath = "custom_stories"
/>

<Variables
GameName = "Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs"
/>

<StartMap
File = "01_mansion_01.map"
Folder = "maps/main/"
Pos = "InitStart"
/>

Again, cheers mate. So happy I can finally play this Smile
07-26-2016, 11:51 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Yeah, see that little section at the bottom, where it talks about the StartMap? That's what I was most curious about - though you're correct - there are no errors really.

Cheers though, and enjoy the game! Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-27-2016, 03:34 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.