Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unable to proceed through infirmary door in Tau
punkonjunk
Unregistered

Not Solved unable to proceed through infirmary door in Tau
Thank you for allowing guest posting. That saves me a lot of time!
I spent some time trolling through the troubleshooting guide, and also trying a few things of my own. full ACL replacement to everyone:full control on all soma folders did not resolve issues, I tried to dig into the included tools and see if I could just remove that door, but I was having a lot of trouble understanding the editor.
So, here is my HPL.LOG: http://pastebin.com/yFp41WKr

Here is what looks like the relevant, and also last, error:

ERROR: Could not find method 'void InfirmaryButtonStateChange(const tString &in, int)' in object '04_02_tau_inside'

Whenever I push the button on the infirmary, the game freezes shortly after. Audio doesn't cut, but rendering stops, and it halts.

Win10 x64, AMD card, yada yada, I don't think my specs are the problem. Would redownloading fix this, or is this piece literally missing? Redownloading will take... so long.
10-08-2016, 08:37 AM
punkonjunk
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: unable to proceed through infirmary door in Tau
figured it out. If I didn't look at the button after I pushed it, I could advance into the room normally. Bewildered that this was possible, I tried it several times, and yep, if I look at the button when the door locks into place, crash. if I turn around and walk backwards and spin away from the button, or back-to-the-button and awkwardly strafe in, it's fine. Then I'm good.

I also had a similar event occur with the fish after the WAU - I walked to the door, and it froze, so I walked backwards out, to see if I could see the door closing and the fish coming, and it froze repeatedly.

It seems like some of the in-game events are some pretty weird cats and just can't handle being observed.
10-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: unable to proceed through infirmary door in Tau
Glad to hear you got it solved, though I am sorry I didn't see this sooner!

A Steam File Integrity Check could have probably fixed that if there was an error with 04_02_tau_inside's script file (for example, an incompletely installed file), and that to me is most probable since this is not a known issue for a majority of users.

Nonetheless, glad to hear it's solved. Considering where you are in the game, I'm sorry if this issue really hindered progress, but keep at it. Hopefully the issue won't continue to arise!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.