Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS4 Crash - Blue Screen with Crosshair and remaining sounds
PaulAllen
Unregistered

Not Solved Exclamation  PS4 Crash - Blue Screen with Crosshair and remaining sounds
I just purchased SOMA for PS4 from the PSN store the other day and have run into this crash/bug several times.

The screen will suddenly turn all light blue witht he crosshair/dot still remaining as well as all normal sounds, the game continues for all intents and purposes. I can still pause the game and everything regularly. If I save and reload, the save comes up with the blue screen.

This first happened at the Delta crash area. I tried loading an earlier save, rebooting the PS4, rebooting the game itself, and it kept happening. I tried one last time and randomly it did NOT occur and let me progress. Same story at the Omicron entrance and now it started happening again when being chased by the enemy after picking up the battery pack.

I'm extremely frustrated with this especially seeing how I'm truly enjoying your game otherwise, but at this point I've become more afraid of the bug than the actual game.

See here for a picture:
[Image: wBY5t1o.jpg]
05-23-2017, 07:28 PM
SamS17
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: PS4 Crash - Blue Screen with Crosshair and remaining sounds
I am experiencing the same issue in the same spots myself. I originally came here to ask the same question. I'm hoping they come up with a solution soon, because I am not enjoying playing for a few minutes or how ever long I can before the blue screen comes back, and then having to reload and do the same things over again.
05-24-2017, 01:32 AM
heidinilsson Offline

Threads: 12
Sorry to hear about that. Can you give us as exact details as possible of where this happens, and we'll try to recreate it and hopefully be able to help you out?

Best regards,
Heidi/Frictional Games
05-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Find
PaulAllen
Unregistered

(05-24-2017, 01:32 AM)SamS17 Wrote: I am experiencing the same issue in the same spots myself. I originally came here to ask the same question. I'm hoping they come up with a solution soon, because I am not enjoying playing for a few minutes or how ever long I can before the blue screen comes back, and then having to reload and do the same things over again.

(05-26-2017, 08:50 AM)heidinilsson Wrote: Sorry to hear about that. Can you give us as exact details as possible of where this happens, and we'll try to recreate it and hopefully be able to help you out?

Best regards,
Heidi/Frictional Games

I've actually powered through these by sheer reloading trial and error and have beaten the game so I can't be more specific than as follows:

-After the Delta site crash landing just generally exploring the area. I've had the game completely break down in this fashion several times in a row at random locations. It just happened to NOT do it the last time I tried and let me proceed. It never happened in the same spot twice.
-In the room where the scissorhanded female enemy blocks your 'exit' from the area in Theta. It happened there several times at random spots. Again, I can't pinpoint what triggers it because it seems arbitrary.
-Near end-game when the diving suit enemy chases you in the last area, again at random and several times.

I know it's not only myself and the poster prior as I've seen various people talk about it when discussing the PS4 on the NeoGAF forum and similar. I don't mean to be dramatic, but in general the PS4 version feels very 'unstable' between these game breaking bugs, framerate issues, sound glitches and similar. I think the game is truly fantastic and unique but the technical presentation on PS4 is very unfortunate considering it's the only version many of us are able to experience.
05-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Gorilla
Unregistered

I'm playing Soma on PS4 and having the same problem. I came here after getting the same bug at least three times.

I landed in the Delta underwater area and was rescued by the robot with a torch. I was walking around and trying to figure out what to do next. After a few minutes of playing Soma, the screen will turn blue/grey and your can see a white dot in the middle. Subtitles are displayed at the bottom of the screen almost immediately. I think they're coming from the other robot who talks to himself. However, I can't actually hear him speaking.

The bug appears in at least a couple spots early on in the level.

1. The first area is a radio tower, I guess. It's not the one with a ladder leading to a dead diver and iPad. The area I'm talking about is a short walk from there. I thought the tower was scaffolding at first because it was right next to a building with no doors. When I walked very close to the area with a tower of metal pipes, I got the bug. It happened twice because I thought there was a ladder hidden among those pipes.

2. The other place is a small indoor area. I'm talking about an area that's fully submerged in water. There's a single computer used for playing chess. There's also a door leading to a tiny bathroom stall.

I cannot progress any further in Soma.
06-05-2017, 10:58 AM
heidinilsson Offline

Hey all,

We have been looking into this, and hopefully we will publish a patch taking care of these problems soon. It just takes some testing before we put the patch live. In the meantime - reload the game from the last save. And stay away from wreckage on the seabed - it seems as if fidgeting around with them causes some trouble.

Once again, sorry for this and we are doing our very best to fix it.

Heidi/Frictional Games
06-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Find
heidinilsson Offline

And now the patch is live on PS4. Hopefully you will be able to play SOMA without any more trouble.

Heidi/Frictional Games
06-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Find
Gorilla Offline

Threads: 0
Hello, Heidi and Frictional Games.

I was post #5. Anyway, this is great news! I'll check out the game tonight and see if the patch fixes the issue.
06-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Find
gideon Offline

Threads: 0
I will also try the patch, I hope it fixes the glitch for me
07-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.