Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't interact with objects
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 6 Years, 4 Months ago RE: Can't interact with objects
Mudbill is correct, the only details we can collect from the user_keys.cfg file are keybindings in your settings; you can view them with any text editor if you wish to verify it. Really we are checking for conflicts which cause your interaction to cancel out.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Find
Some dude
Unregistered

So that's what you meant.

Here's the Default_user_keys file.
It's the only one which resembles the one you mentioned

Attached Files
.cfg   Default_user_keys.cfg (Size: 986 bytes / Downloads: 170)
12-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
The defaults I believe would be the same for us all.

I have the Steam copy and there is a similar file in the same folder (Documents\My games\Soma) named like <steam name>_<steam ID>_user_keys.cfg. Not sure how that applies to GOG though.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 02:37 AM by Mudbill.)
12-06-2017, 02:37 AM
Find
Some dude
Unregistered

I only have that file. My settings are listed under Secondary keys.

The good news is that I might have solved my problem.
It seems SOMA has a bug that means that you can't have the interaction and cancel interaction on the same key.
What seems to happen is that both commands are applied at the same time.

I find this bug a bit unfortunate since this means I can't have the setup I want.
It also is a bit weird that the game have this bug. Most games have the same key for this by default.

Of topic, but is there away to have the game to recognize the extra keys on my mouse? Now SOMA sets the button to empty when I try to set them in the options menu.
12-07-2017, 02:26 AM
SteveR Offline

Threads: 1
Hi!

Sorry for the late reply on this. I usually try to do at least a weekly pass on the forums but it's been a particularly busy week.

Glad to see you've resolved your problem though. Just to ensure that things are behaving correctly, when you try to assign the same key to two actions at the same time, SOMA does allow this, but it pops up a warning letting you know what you've done.

In your example, interact and cancel interact would end up cancelling each other out.

[Image: 8f19d16f3fb9925da77c2755c604efaa.png]

These are highlighted in Red when you do this. By default, we have Cancel and Throw on the same button (RMB) and since these two actions never occur at the same time, they never conflict.

A popup warning is given when you try to set up a custom config like this, just to advise you as to what you are doing.

[Image: 674df9c19c4a3551b9c731ba11ba6238.png]

Sorry to hear you had some difficulty with this, but glad you got it all resolved!

- Steve
12-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Find
Some dude
Unregistered

Hi,
Thanks for joining in my thread.

I did make those two functions on the same key because I wanted this to be like a setup I could be comfortable with and would be easy to remember.
Having interaction/stop interaction on the same key is easiest in that regard.

I'll have cancel on another key in the future.
12-08-2017, 11:10 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.