Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Install Soma ! Error message
Puffalina420
Unregistered

Not Solved Unable to Install Soma ! Error message
I have downloaded and re-downloaded Soma from my Humble Bundle, I have used both windows and winzip to extract the files, and when I launch the SOMA.exe I get a warning that says 
"The code execution cannot proceed because VCOMP100.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

(I also attached a photo of this error popup) Reinstalling the program did NOT fix this problem. PLEASE HELP !!!  Huh 

I got some advice from the humblebundle support telling me to download a certain driver from windows but to contact support for SOMA first to be sure that is the issue.

I did search your page for simillar before posting but I could not find anything.

Attached Files
.png   system error.png (Size: 11.88 KB / Downloads: 5)
05-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 62
Not Solved RE: Unable to Install Soma ! Error message
VCOMP100.dll is a Windows Visual C++ Redistributables package. They may have become corrupted or you just haven't installed it yet.

You must have a 64-bit Operating System to play SOMA. You can make sure you do by going to your C:\ Drive and making sure you can see Program Files and a Program Files (x86) directory there.

Assuming you do, go to Problem A8 of the troubleshooting guide and install the software from those links.
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30585.html

Try to run SOMA after that and see what happens. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-27-2019, 02:45 PM
Find Reply
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: Unable to Install Soma ! Error message
Thank you so much for your help!! I am downloading these now and I will give an update after trying to launch the game again.
05-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.