Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
Custom Story Map: Survival
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Custom Story Map: Survival

I didn't add any lag, by the way is any ending to this map? I was able to go past the bad guys to the end of the corridor (with the blue window) and the level didn't ended and didn't seam to be any other place to go.
09-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Find
Jonez Offline

Threads: 2

(09-17-2010, 12:04 AM)Argoon Wrote: I didn't add any lag, by the way is any ending to this map? I was able to go past the bad guys to the end of the corridor (with the blue window) and the level didn't ended and didn't seam to be any other place to go.

Well, theres no end. Its just a map. The end needs script(I think) and I didnt use any scripts in this one.

So you will be playing as long as you want or as long as you can survive, same time exploring the map.

Jonez
Well I added a video of this one:
--> It's right here <--

Jonez

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2010, 12:13 AM by Jonez.)
09-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Find
iNTANGiBLE Offline

Threads: 1

Good work Wink but the idea of monster coming to the room after you pickup the lantern is not very good! Tongue
09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Find
Jonez Offline

(09-17-2010, 05:05 PM)iNTANGiBLE Wrote: Good work Wink but the idea of monster coming to the room after you pickup the lantern is not very good! Tongue
It is coming anyway, without picking it. But not if you stay queit

09-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Find
red pharoah Offline

lol I managed to trap myself in a closet (the one in the room with a glass container containing two tinderboxes)

I smashed the glass and ran into the cupboard, then the brute and grunt entered, right as I was slowly opening the closet door to look at them, they started breaking down the closet's doors (which didn't break Tongue) so I just stood there watching them helplessly trying to break the unbreakable, then I realised that they were blocking the door and I couldn't get out.

luls were had.
09-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Find
Jonez Offline

(09-20-2010, 02:59 PM)red pharoah Wrote: lol I managed to trap myself in a closet (the one in the room with a glass container containing two tinderboxes)

I smashed the glass and ran into the cupboard, then the brute and grunt entered, right as I was slowly opening the closet door to look at them, they started breaking down the closet's doors (which didn't break Tongue) so I just stood there watching them helplessly trying to break the unbreakable, then I realised that they were blocking the door and I couldn't get out.

luls were had.

haha! Same happened to me in the video. But I died.

09-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Find
red pharoah Offline

(09-21-2010, 12:48 AM)Jonez Wrote: haha! Same happened to me in the video. But I died.

Yeah I kept pushing the door until it slammed open and I ran out screaming "EMBRACE ME BROTHERS EMBRACE MEEEE!"
09-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Find
ChrisSmith Offline

Threads: 0

A short but fun map, only problem is if/when you die the monsters de-spawn and you have to re-load the map. I don't know why but for some reason the survival map took some time to load.
09-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Find
dbfuru Offline

Threads: 1

Hey Jonez,

I think you've hit on a good idea. I haven't played it yet but it seems like a fun 'game mode' or something like that. I can see many different 'survival maps' being made.

If possible I think a smallish house kind of like the one in your Phobia game would be awesome. I haven't played Phobia much because I downloaded it last night and was too tired to really play it.. Even thought it was made with FPS creator, I think, you definately gave it a chilling atmosphere. Something about being in a house with a locked door, tight hallways etc is scary.

But I think custom assets would need to be made to make something like that. I have ideas for maps but I am just too lazy to use the toolset at the moment!
09-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Find
Jonez Offline

(09-28-2010, 04:27 AM)dbfuru Wrote: Hey Jonez,

I think you've hit on a good idea. I haven't played it yet but it seems like a fun 'game mode' or something like that. I can see many different 'survival maps' being made.

If possible I think a smallish house kind of like the one in your Phobia game would be awesome. I haven't played Phobia much because I downloaded it last night and was too tired to really play it.. Even thought it was made with FPS creator, I think, you definately gave it a chilling atmosphere. Something about being in a house with a locked door, tight hallways etc is scary.

But I think custom assets would need to be made to make something like that. I have ideas for maps but I am just too lazy to use the toolset at the moment!

Yeah, FPSC games can be creepy.
But I will maybe be making a Survival 2 sometime with some scriting.
I actually started a Phobia map with the editor, but actual Phobia 2
has taken all my time now.
(Phobia 2 will be scary, creepy and all kind of stuff. Hope I can upload a new vid of it soon)

But we'll see.
Oh god! I got a stupid jerk in Youtube claiming that this map is hes and hes friends work!
My Amnesias Custom Story: Survival video is full of hes comments now!
This really is my goddamn map! (and not even a good one, but my third atleast)

Umbelievable...

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2010, 09:44 PM by Jonez.)
10-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Find