Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Where to find custom maps ?
Kali Offline

Threads: 1
Where to find custom maps ?

Hi all,

I'm new here.

Where can I find any custom MOD/MAPS for this game (Amnesia) ?

Thanks.
09-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Find
swat1cat Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Where to find custom maps ?

(09-18-2010, 03:17 AM)Kali Wrote: Hi all,

I'm new here.

Where can I find any custom MOD/MAPS for this game (Amnesia) ?

Thanks.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html
09-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

We will start a sticky thread when more finalized work start appearing and if there is a lot of interest then we will improve and make some better system for it.
09-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Website Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

(09-18-2010, 11:07 AM)jens Wrote: We will start a sticky thread when more finalized work start appearing and if there is a lot of interest then we will improve and make some better system for it.

If this editor becomes like the editor for games such as Bethesda's TESCS or GECK for Fallout 3 it could become a huge site.
I say grab it and develop it BEFORE anyone else.
Have contests and prizes for best mods etc,. offer encouragement to the struggling modder and showcase the mods as they are submitted regardless of how "finalized" they are. They will seriously improve the games sales and offer endless new games as modders get to work and you'll probably end up with some really good team players that can help shape the next Penumbra game
Do it now and strike while the iron's hot.
I downloaded a 1 room mod yesterday and am excited to build my own now I know how easy it is.
That room should already be on a list of downloads for that reason; to encourage every player to have a go with the editor.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Find
iTIMMEH Offline

Threads: 2

I'd rather not see post after post containing mods 'coming soon', or half done maps. I get tired of going to mod sites and finding lists populated largely by dead in the water projects.

What I do think would help is a tutorial story that shows people how common functions and scripts are used and how to build a custom story. There are a couple of tutorials on the wiki but they're a bit too basic.

Having a 'developer's choice' system where the devs pick their favourite story every so often and add it to the game as an update would be cool and build awareness I imagine.

As for encouragement, I've seen plenty of posts on the mod forum from Frictional staff already.
09-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Find
Niggenaggex Offline

Threads: 0

Im new too...But thanks guys for sending that link. (y)
12-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I like the idea of having a easier system of finding CS's.

But anyways, Morfar (Look him up on Youtube if you don't know him) has a very good detailed video guide on how and where to download CS's.

I think you mean't so that you could play them, and not so you could make them right?

[Image: luv.gif]
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Why do people dig up these old threads? If you look under the name of the main poster you can see that

Thread was created:
09-18-2010 03:17 AM

Which today is more than a year ago since he asked and was answered :>

For future references, look at the dates of the last post in the thread. If the information is obsolete, don't bring it up.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Hmm, didn't really care to look....

One thing though, there isn't a sticky yet for a thread like this... There really should be one though. Just thought i'd bring that up.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

There is a sticky. Made by jens. :>

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Find