Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Music for your custom story
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11
Music for your custom story

Hi there,
there are many great custom stories coming up! I'm looking forward to play them (even if I have not finished Amnesia yet... gaah, I can't get myself to continue playing after that monster appeared RIGHT outside the prison kitchen Confused). (Edit: I completed it. The ending's a bit disappointing, but I won't spoil anything.)
I decided to add my 2 cents with creating some music any author of custom stories can use.
So far, there are quite some themes, but you can request more if you want, and I'll occasionally add some by myself.
If you request music, tell me what mood it should have and where it's appearing. If it'll spoil your story, just send me a PM with the request.
Enough jabbering, here's what I made so far:

Main Menu Theme
Safe Zone
Monster!
Diary
Ambience 1
Ambience 2
The Plot unfolds
Note - Shocking

Enjoy!

Requirements for using my music:
  • You need to link to this thread in your Custom Story Release Thread.
  • You need to mention "ThePaSch" in your custom story's credits.
  • You must NOT claim that you created the music.
More coming up!
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 12:10 PM by ThePaSch.)
10-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Find
Nemesis751 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Music for your custom story

both of them are fantastic i love em 5*
10-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Find
fantino Offline

Threads: 2

Heart

I really love the second one. Maybe i'll use it for my story if i can finish it!
10-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Find
HakePT Offline

If I could I would give you 5 Internets.
This really helps because a original custom story needs to be diferent from the original to escape the "been there already" feeling. New quality music is half way there.
10-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11

Glad you like it!
Here's another one.
Ever wanted to use custom music while being haunted by some monster?
Here's your chance! Big Grin
As usual, leave credit.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 07:22 PM by ThePaSch.)
10-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Find
HakePT Offline

This monster music is awesome! Where do you get these?!
Sorry but i'm going to "steal" this one, but don't worry you'll be in the credits page. This kind of music reminds me of the silent hill franchise, they also use similar music and it always scared me xD
Keep up the great work!
10-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Find
Mofo Offline

Threads: 4

I really like the second one, it reminds me a bit of the Shrek soundtack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bemgqJ5U75o
10-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

It's very good work so far, but I have a little criticism for the monster theme. I suggest that when you're near a monster (not confronting it/still in stealth mode), don't make such a pronounced beat. It should have one, but it's much creepier if it's not steady. It's much better for a beat to kick in after it starts chasing you, and said beat should be really loud and intense.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Website Find
HakePT Offline

(10-03-2010, 11:51 PM)Lee Wrote: It's very good work so far, but I have a little criticism for the monster theme. I suggest that when you're near a monster (not confronting it/still in stealth mode), don't make such a pronounced beat. It should have one, but it's much creepier if it's not steady. It's much better for a beat to kick in after it starts chasing you, and said beat should be really loud and intense.

I think the monster theme is not from when a monster is chasing you, but rather from a monster appearing in a room and you have to either sneak past it or hide.
It creates tension so to speak.
10-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(10-04-2010, 12:40 AM)HakePT Wrote:
(10-03-2010, 11:51 PM)Lee Wrote: It's very good work so far, but I have a little criticism for the monster theme. I suggest that when you're near a monster (not confronting it/still in stealth mode), don't make such a pronounced beat. It should have one, but it's much creepier if it's not steady. It's much better for a beat to kick in after it starts chasing you, and said beat should be really loud and intense.

I think the monster theme is not from when a monster is chasing you, but rather from a monster appearing in a room and you have to either sneak past it or hide.
It creates tension so to speak.
Yeah, but an organized beat like in the third theme posted makes me feel calmer than I should be. I'm not a musician or anything (not yet!), but I'm pretty good at understanding what kind of sounds make a person feel a certain way. When you don't have a certain structured beat, other normally more subtle sounds end up more noticeable. It's not something specific to horror. If you don't make an immediately noticeable beat I think it simply capitalizes on the mood you want to create. It can go anywhere from sheer dread: http://mikeylockedhimselfout.ytmnd.com/ to absolute bliss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-TBWPSYgE

Both of those tracks have a beat to them if you listen closely enough (actually, the Silent Hill one's seems to become more pronounced over time and leaves something to focus on, making it less scary for me after a while) but neither emphasizes it. They both instantly show their mood.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Website Find