Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Episode 1:- How do you Baricade Door? [spoiler]
Adventurer4Life Offline

Threads: 11
Episode 1:- How do you Baricade Door? [spoiler]

Hi there...

I am stuck in episode 1... Just after you get the key to the storage room, and unlock it.. when you walk in he goes "hey I need to barricade that door" or something like that... I have tried everything I can think of but the dog still breaks though and kills me.

I dunno if my speakers are not loud enough but he just breaks though, I do not even hear him growl if he is outside for me to turn the light off and hide.

I even restarted so I could walk around the mine casually and find all the metal barrels to block the door instead of the wooden ones witch just seam to explode.. so I have 2 metal on the outside and 2 wooden on the inside..

Still he busts though..

Any ideas... I am really enjoying this game but this is frustrating me and doing things like repeating the entire game to try and find more barrels with out the dog running around is eroding the scare factor.

Happy Adventuring
-- A4L
My Review Chan - http://www.youtube.com/adventurereviews
04-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Episode 1:- How do you Baricade Door?

You can block the door for couple of seconds, but that's it...
Dog breaks through on the second hit to the door, no matter how much you have stuff blocking it.

Just run after you block it. Don't wait for the dog to come.

04-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Website Find
Adventurer4Life Offline

(04-10-2010, 10:34 AM)Scraper Wrote: You can block the door for couple of seconds, but that's it...
Dog breaks through on the second hit to the door, no matter how much you have stuff blocking it.
Meh... that is what you get for putting word in my mouth!!

<---- EDIT
Spoiler below!
I seamed to have found a fix for this.. if you barricade the door then quickly run in grab the lantern and run off and hide it so the light dose not attract the dog, he seams to never come into the room. Just make sure to not walk about in view of the door with your light sources on. You can also place the rocks on the barrels to weigh them down as well to be extra carfule

Happy Adventuring
-- A4L
My Review Chan - http://www.youtube.com/adventurereviews
04-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Find
house Offline

(04-10-2010, 08:59 PM)Adventurer4Life Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 10:34 AM)Scraper Wrote: You can block the door for couple of seconds, but that's it...

<---- EDIT
Spoiler below!
I seamed to have found a fix for this.. if you barricade the door then quickly run in grab the lantern and run off and hide it so the light dose not attract the dog, he seams to never come into the room. Just make sure to not walk about in view of the door with your light sources on. You can also place the rocks on the barrels to weigh them down as well to be extra carfule

Really? I never knew that! I'll have to check that when I play.
10-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Episode 1:- How do you Baricade Door? [spoiler]

I tried for the longest time to prevent that dog from getting in, myself. It's about the only time it broke immersion for me. I think I eventually gave in and bashed the dog's head.
10-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Find
Mr. X Offline

Threads: 6

You could always bash its face in with a hammer like i did.
10-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Find
Bythemark Offline

Threads: 2

I tried blocking it with the TNT barrel, but sadly it didn't work. I turned the lights off and then left it alone. I used the pickaxe on a lot of other bad satan dogs though.
10-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Find
house Offline

(04-10-2010, 08:59 PM)Adventurer4Life Wrote:

<---- EDIT
Spoiler below!

That hardly worked. I unlit the lantern on the wooden pole AND ran away and put the lantern somewhere. He still busted like a mad man through the door.

(10-17-2010, 08:41 AM)Mr. X Wrote: You could always bash its face in with a hammer like i did.

I don't think the hammer is the best weapon to use on the wolfs. I recommend the pickaxe, hammer+explosive, or the dynimate. Edit: Even knowing I said hammer+explosive, I didn't mean the hammer alone. I ment the hammer and explosives you find in the tunnels(not the wolf tunnels, the factory type tunnels). What I REALLY mean is hit the explosive with the hammer and throw it at the dog. Try throwing it near the dog. If you throw it at the dog, it nocks him out then explodes, doing NO damage at ALL to the dog. Its very stupid.

-------------------------

What to use on stupid wolfs:
Hammer: NOT RECOMMENDED
Pickaxe: RECOMMENDED
Broom: ARE YOU SERIOUS?

But really, you don't have the pickaxe or broom at the wolf part we are talking about right now. But the huge rocks. They do just as much damage to the wolfs as much as the pickaxe. They are on a box in the part of the tunnels we are talking about.
10-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Find
alfie Offline

Threads: 3

The broom is not really for fighting, it is for getting the thing off the high shelf.
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Just block the door and run straight to the TNT barrel and continue game, the dog won't bother you.
It's scripted to break the door and walk certain, and also, very small area over and over again. It doesn't know you're there (unless it hears or sees you, but from that far away, it doesn't know anything).

The game is possible to be played without killing a single dog (that's what I did).

10-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Website Find