Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

This game is TOO scary..
monkuar Offline

Threads: 1
This game is TOO scary..

I'm serious.. lol I go to night time.. before I go to sleep, and turn off my lights, put on my headphones... and guess what? I can't play for more then 40minutes!!

I Actually get really nervous/scared that it ACTUALLY Scares me and i start getting really frightened, and It's relating to real life more and more, so I just end up exiting the game!

Normal? Any ways to help me play through the game, or maybe the game isn't for me? Smile

In total, I've tried each night for about 5days, 30-40min each time. I'd say around 2hours in total and I'm still in the beginning area..

EDIT: I've tried to say oh ya it's just a GAME.. but when I actually go into the game, that thought dissipates and I feel Like im in the game... lol

EDIT: I was wondering, maybe the developers could code up a little multiplayer on the game? So I can have my friend on ventrilo join in my game and help me too.? I would feel more comfortable Tongue
11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: This game is TOO scary..

It's normal at first. I remember when I played Penumbra for the first time (similar game by frictional) I was scared all the time, even when not playing it. So yea, its supposed to be like that. you'll learn to love it! MP would ruin immersion so i doubt it'll happen
11-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Website Find
monkuar Offline

Well I was just wondering for like only 1 person to join you... any more then 2 people doing it would be stupid, I Agree with you.

But I literally cannot play?? I literally get scared and my brain automatically tells me to exit the game because my heart literally beets really loud/etc... I might have a heart attack, (I doubt) but I feel like that... I usally have to take a shower after....

because I am so sweaty..

Hey spooder, do u got aim or something maybe I just need somone to talk to,

thanks man
11-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

hah yea spooderw on aim if you need spiritual guidance to get through it! Tongue
11-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Website Find
monkuar Offline

(11-12-2010, 02:08 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: hah yea spooderw on aim if you need spiritual guidance to get through it! Tongue

ok I added u: spooderw

mine is: baseball4lifexd

gogo on Big Grin
11-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(11-12-2010, 01:21 AM)monkuar Wrote: I would feel more comfortable Tongue

Which is why you must resist.
11-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Find
Mr. X Offline

Threads: 6

One time when i was really bored and i had a day off from school, i decided to play Amnesia for 3 h straight. I was a nervous wreck for a while afterwards lol
11-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Find
w3sp Offline

Threads: 4

You know you're scared of a game when, if you can finally bring up the motivation and energy to play it again for some little progress, you already wet your pants after just hearing the first few seconds of the music in the menu and decide to alt+f4 right away Smile

I'm glad I'm through this game, loved it.
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Find
Alexander Offline

Threads: 2

(11-15-2010, 02:35 PM)w3sp Wrote: You know you're scared of a game when, if you can finally bring up the motivation and energy to play it again for some little progress, you already wet your pants after just hearing the first few seconds of the music in the menu and decide to alt+f4 right away Smile

I'm glad I'm through this game, loved it.

Are you the same w3sp from youtube??? :O
11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

(11-12-2010, 01:21 AM)monkuar Wrote: I can't play for more then 40minutes!!

Well, at least the game will last longer then. Wink

Unless you delve into modding, that is.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
11-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Find