Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
Penumbra flashlight in Amnesia?
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Penumbra flashlight in Amnesia?

(12-17-2010, 09:55 PM)Lee Wrote: I'd like it if you could increase the radius of the light.

??? It's huge D:

12-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

(12-17-2010, 10:58 PM)xiphirx Wrote:
(12-17-2010, 09:55 PM)Lee Wrote: I'd like it if you could increase the radius of the light.

??? It's huge D:

he's being an idiot... he wants like a god lamp that lights up the whole area, like a cheap game hack
12-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

So, editing the animations manually definitely works, but its extremely tedious...

I can't figure out why our exports dont work... We use the exact tools that Frictional used :|

12-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-17-2010, 11:16 PM)xiphirx Wrote: So, editing the animations manually definitely works, but its extremely tedious...

I can't figure out why our exports dont work... We use the exact tools that Frictional used :|

Thats what they want you to think Tongue Joking, but anyway brilliant work so far guys cant wait to get my hands on this flashlight.
12-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

(12-17-2010, 11:29 PM)LoneWolf Wrote:
(12-17-2010, 11:16 PM)xiphirx Wrote: So, editing the animations manually definitely works, but its extremely tedious...

Thats what they want you to think Tongue Joking, but anyway brilliant work so far guys cant wait to get my hands on this flashlight.

Yeah, I can't wait to finish it D: (it's been driving me nuts haha)

In the meantime, I ported the glowstick and made it available in the game Smile

Looking at the .dae file, it says that the author is "Skywolf" and it seems like he was hired by Frictional. Not sure if hes an in-house dev...

I also believe that Maya is exporting the models correctly but Frictional modded them further and scaled them down even more...

12-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Find
Rurikkur Offline

Threads: 0

(12-18-2010, 12:12 AM)xiphirx Wrote: I also believe that Maya is exporting the models correctly but Frictional modded them further and scaled them down even more...

You got that right, it's the same in Blender 3d, at first I didn't even see the object, it was approx 4 pixels across XD I think I'm going to see if the animations work in Blender.
12-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

I have an idea. I cannot test it right now as I am about to leave, but I am somewhat sure this can work.

Requirements: Notepad++, Maya 2008 (with Collada export support)

Open the animation, edit it, and export it just as you would.

Open the exported animation, and the original animation (non modified) both in Notepad++

Change the language to XML.

Collapse every section except for the <animation library> (not sure if that is the tag name, doing this off the top of my head) in your custom animation, then copy the contents of this tag and paste-replace the content in the original. Save the original as something else so you have a backup and test it out!

I'll try this asap, but I have to go now.

12-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

(12-18-2010, 12:48 AM)xiphirx Wrote: I have an idea. I cannot test it right now as I am about to leave, but I am somewhat sure this can work.

That my friend, sounds like an excellent idea

The whole issue is scaling, somewhere where the scale isn't being exported or read properly

we've clearly set our measurements too meters and modeled in the correct scale, even animated originals and exported them, for static props frictional didn't have to scale it after import, they got the scale thing working in
animations too.
12-18-2010, 03:00 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

SUCCESS!!!

THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT!

WE HAVE DONE IT!

Here is the complete guide for editing animations! (a bit tedious though!) ( I should post this on the wiki )

HOW TO GET AND EDIT ANIMATIONS
- Navigate to models/player/hands/animations
- Choose which state you want to edit (Idle, Draw, Holster)
- Make a duplicate copy of the state you want to edit .dae_anim
- Rename the duplicate copy to something like "myAnimation.dae" Note, the filetype needs to be changed to dae, not dae_anim
- In Maya (I use 2008) goto File > Open Scene > Choose the file you just made, in this example "myAnimation.dae"
- You should now see Daniel's hand, click on the play button and see the animation!
- Edit it as you wish, animation is all keyframes

EXPORTING ANIMATION WHEN DONE
*** Requires ColladaMaya 0.35B Plugin***
- File > Export (Dialog) > choose "COLLADA (.dae .xml)" as the export format > Export > Overwrite the file you are editing ("myAnimation.dae" in this example)

IMPORTING ANIMATION INTO THE GAME
*** NOT DONE ***
- Change the extension of the file you created in the previous step to ".dae_anim"
- Open the original animation file that you are editing in Notepad++
- Create a new text file in Notepad++
- Copy EVERYTHING from the very beginning of the original file until you see "<library_animations>" Do not include "<library_animations>" in the selection. Copy this
- Go to the new file you created (should be blank) and paste
- Open your custom animation in Notepad++, locate the "<library_animations>" tag and select until you see "</library_animations>" (around line 4180) (include both "<library_animations>" and "</library_animations>" in the selection) and copy
- Goto the new file you created, select the very end of the file, and paste
- Goto the original file and find "</library_animations>", select everything else after this (do not include "</library_animations>" in the selection) and copy
- Goto the new file and go all the way to the end, paste
- Save the new file as something like "MyAnimation.dae" (notice the .dae)
- Open the model viewer, locate "MyAnimation.dae" and open it. Verify that it is correct Smile
- Go back and rename your "MyAnimation.dae" to "MyAnimation.dae_anim"
- Go to the HPL Suite, open the Model Editor
- File > Open > Locate hand.ent in models/Player/hands
- Options > Animations
- Add
- Name it to whatever you like
- Press the "..." and choose your file (remember, with .dae_anim)
- Save the model and close
- Open the model viewer
- Open the hands.ent file once more
- Change the animation to your animation and make sure it is working
- Done!
Oh, forgot the proof :3

[Image: flashhh.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 04:09 AM by xiphirx.)
12-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6

When might it be available for download? Will you be able to get the flashlight to fit in the hand and finger better?
12-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Find