Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Is Amnesia should be AVAILABLE on consoles?

(12-18-2010, 05:42 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I didn't say anything like that. I want a game to be available for all possible platforms. I'm just against console exclusiveness.

We're not talking about console exclusiveness.... We're talking about porting it over to the console as well as the computer.

I mean theres absolutely no logical reason for it not to be other than pc fanboy elitness clouding your judgment.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(12-18-2010, 03:17 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Have you ever took Graphic Whores into account? More than %90 of the console owners are graphic whores and Amnesia is not so bright on that side. It has an art, but ART is not something those people can understand.

Your ignorance is so blatant it hurts.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

(12-18-2010, 06:13 PM)Frontcannon Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 03:17 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Have you ever took Graphic Whores into account? More than %90 of the console owners are graphic whores and Amnesia is not so bright on that side. It has an art, but ART is not something those people can understand.

Your ignorance is so blatant it hurts.

Hahhaha Oh I so lol'd...

Your my hero Frost, I totally agree
12-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

YEAH , why not ?

?
12-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(12-18-2010, 05:19 AM)Japface Wrote: some people don't have good pcs, or don't enjoy sitting at a desk.

PCs cost the same as consoles if you know how to buy them. Also, I game on my PC from my couch with a wireless mouse and keyboard and a lapdesk...
12-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

(12-18-2010, 06:41 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 05:19 AM)Japface Wrote: some people don't have good pcs, or don't enjoy sitting at a desk.

PCs cost the same as consoles if you know how to buy them. Also, I game on my PC from my couch with a wireless mouse and keyboard and a lapdesk...

actually that's not true... maybe if you shop around and find the dodgiest computer store you can buy a "decent" computer for $400 but don't expect it to have a warranty, or viable parts that aren't second hand or rejected parts sold under the cover, not every cheap computer store is completely legit Smile
12-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5
RE: In Relation to Console Portage

(09-18-2010, 02:50 AM)Harry Wrote: There's many a thread asking about porting to consoles (Be it Wii, Xbox360, PS3 or even iPhone).

The control systems all offer the same problems, in as much as how do we retain the core gameplay we love and enjoy from Penumbra and Amnesia in a console environment?

Instead of looking at controllers, why not look at controlling the games WITHOUT controls. I'd hazard to say that Microsofts Kinect seems like a perfect fit for this type of interaction and would certainly make for some pretty amazing gameplay (Think actually running away from monsters, slamming doors and dragging boxes to stop them crashing in).

The Kinect market will also be relatively sparse, which would also really help an indie company and title get face-time and support, unlike such crowded markets like the PS3.

Wether the Kinect actually takes off is another matter but hands-free controls are only a matter of time, so at least the ball has started rolling in that respect.

What are your thoughts folks, think that a hands-free style experience is preferable to traditional console controllers?

maybe someone can reprogram Amnesias controls to play on pc with a hacked Kinect ...

something like this , but then with Amnesia would be fun :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfPImWIPZ8o

?
12-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

RE: In Relation to Console Portage

kinect is rather beautiful and has a lot of possibility as far as dynamic player/game interaction, Im not one for waving dildos around to "interact" with a game... I'd rather point and click to do that... the traditional way

but with that said, kinect, like any other player interpretation device isn't as powerful as direct commands from a controller and anyone that thinks kinect would be great for games like amnesia or halo needs a kick in the head, kinect, like Wii and glowing dildo sticks... are linear based... there's only so far you can go
(09-18-2010, 02:50 AM)Harry Wrote: Wether the Kinect actually takes off is another matter but hands-free controls are only a matter of time, so at least the ball has started rolling in that respect.

Oh it will, if the kinect fails on the game market it already has a heart in device hackers and motion adaption software...

I don't know if you noticed but some guys are really getting into hacking the kinect for real time 3d space capture rendering software, within 2 days of kinect's release... just one guy recreated the "bullet time" software effect with little effort, it was a tech demo and still a work in progress, but impressive start
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 07:04 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(12-18-2010, 06:13 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: Your ignorance is so blatant it hurts.

So, could you please enlighten me?

12-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(12-16-2010, 11:20 PM)Lee Wrote:
(12-16-2010, 10:21 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(12-16-2010, 09:42 PM)Lee Wrote: That's a really, really terrible trade agreement.

Why? Because that is not ever gonna happen?
Because it would be trading a brilliant horror game for a poorly acted, poorly written, poorly directed film whose tag of "game" is backed up by quick time events and nothing else.

Heavy rain was poorly acted, written and directed.... okay you must be dumb then. I dont like the game because for me its boring but it has a very good story, but sometimes storys dont make a game, also the music in the game is amazing. But most of game like you said is quick time events but also the game seemed realistical in some ways more than amnesia anyway so.... But i guess because its on ps3 you hate it anyway right ? lol joking.
[/quote]

I'm going to sound like a hypocrite or something by saying this, but I don't have a PS3, and I've never played Heavy Rain. What I have played is Fahrenheit, which is basically the same thing except worse looking.

There is absolutely no excuse for any quick time event in a game. Quick time events are bad game design and should be thrown in the trash. All of them. Ever. It's a movie, and if you want to make a fucking movie, make a fucking movie. Except it wouldn't be successful as a movie because its writing, acting, and story are awful. So they give it to console gamers because their demographic is often dumb as shit, overlooking the quick time events for the fact that it's supposed to have hard-to-watch scenes like in Dancer In the Dark, when actually they're fucking hilariously bad.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 07:07 PM by Sexbad.)
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Website Find