Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Most scariest enemy
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Servant Grunt
31.25%
45 31.25%
Servant Brute
34.03%
49 34.03%
Water Lurker
27.78%
40 27.78%
The Shadow
6.94%
10 6.94%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The most scariest enemy
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43
RE: The most scariest enemy

(12-22-2010, 07:25 AM)Shev Wrote: I don't see how the lurkers scary at all. He's extremely easy to avoid and manipulate, it was more like a platform level to me...

It is basically, at first you feel freaked and dont know what to do, then when you understand it it becomes pathetic and weak in my mind. Also the chase scene is very easy, you will never get caught by the lurker as long as you run. He spawns behind 1 or 2 doors when you reach a certain point so no matter how fast you run he will be right behind you once you reach a certain area. But before i used level editor and found this out i was freaked at that scene, the sound effects really added to the tension.
12-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

Honestly I still perceive the Shadow as the scariest being in Amnesia. That characteristic echo sound, combined with that

Spoiler below!
climactic chase at the end

really makes you feel like the Shadow is a disgustingly large and powerful force.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
12-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-23-2010, 06:59 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Honestly I still perceive the Shadow as the scariest being in Amnesia. That characteristic echo sound, combined with that

Spoiler below!
climactic chase at the end

really makes you feel like the Shadow is a disgustingly large and powerful force.

Yeah until you look at the script, or play that scene a few times over.
You will realise that-

Spoiler below!

The entities and sounds and dead area.. blah blah blah... (Basically what makes up for the guardian its self) goes faster the faster you go, so if you run it will go fast, if you stop for a moment it will slow down. So you cant ever die unless you barely move or dont move at all. So if you run you will survive even if you make the wrong turn, as you will notice it slows down at that point Smile sadly being able to see the scritping and understanding it kinda ruins the game, but good thing i played through it alot beforehand.

12-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Find
Adiane Offline

Threads: 0

As long as they're not chasing me I think the Grunts are kind of cute, so they're out. The Shadow can be frightening but is more of a nuisance more often than not. The Brute in the Sewer scared the SHIT out of me but for some reason I wasn't too bothered by the ones in the latter sections of the game, although their weird howling/scraping noises still freaked me out.

It was the water lurker that scared me the most, by FAR. Not being able to see it made me constantly worry that it was closer than I thought, and hearing it run after me through the water made me shake and sweat as if I were actually in real danger of being harmed. Being chased is one of my biggest fears both in games and real life, and everything else about that intial encounter with the lurker only added to the terror. Then when I got to the Cistern and Sewer... dear god. Constant, oppressive paranoia over whether or not that thing was going to suddenly start chasing me again. Just when I let my guard down and felt safe it DID come after me in the Cistern, and in my panicked state I ran right into it and got killed. I had to take a break from playing after that.
12-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Find
Lostmyserialnumber Offline

Threads: 1

lol @ 'most scariest'
12-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Find
Fleet Offline

Threads: 6

Because confrontations with the Grunt far outnumbered the Brute and Lurker, I had to vote for the Grunt. I remember sooo many more times when the Grunt scared me. I mean, yes, the Lurker was bad, but interaction with it was fairly limited. I was always watching out for those grunts!

Interacting with the Brute in the Choir was not bad since I had good luck sticking close to the wall. The one in the sewer was great though...when it roared when you sneak by it. But when I think scary...I can always think of a Grunt moment.
12-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Find
stevensonbak Offline

The water monster doesn't phase me at all, easily avoided by throwing meat or simply LEAVING THE WATER and whatnot...
I don't see the brute enough to be afraid of it.
The Shadow, from what I see, is just a side effect of the castle catching herpes, with red, fleshy bumps popping up all over the place...

But the grunt, God... they IS SCARY!!!
12-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

What's so scary about the water lurker, sure it's invisible, but ya know what it ACTUALLY is?

Spoiler below!
A Ball! (According to its model)

No kidding.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2010, 02:57 AM by RawkBandMan.)
12-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

I would say the water lurker (or whatever their official name is). Other monsters were scary too but although they primarily appeared in darkened areas I still found myself entering & exploring them (albeit very cautiously). But once I encountered the water lurkers I steered clear of water throughout the entire game and dreaded any moment I had to get my feet wet.

And, unlike other enemies, there's no hiding from the lurker.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
12-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Find
stevensonbak Offline

(12-27-2010, 03:35 PM)Xanatos Wrote: And, unlike other enemies, there's no hiding from the lurker.
*ahem* Actually, you can hide from a lurker simply by standing on a box or other object above water, or you can just lure the retard away with a piece of meat.
These tactics make the Kaernk seem quite comical to me, really.
12-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Find