Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoadLibrary 126 error **FIXED!!**
rickdv Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago LoadLibrary 126 error **FIXED!!**

Hi guys,
I just bought this game from Steam, and I keep getting the same error when trying to start the game:
LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found.

So, I tried updating my drivers;
Didn't work

Updating Direct X;
Didn't work

Tried running it in compatiblity mode;
Didn't work

Updating .NET
Didn't work

System Specs:
Windows Vista 32-bit
ATI Radeo HD5700 HD
Intel Quad Core
4GB RAM

And I read about posting my hpl.log, but there is none to be found in the amnesia folder..There's only a launcher.log, but when I open that there is nothing in it.
If anybody has got an idea or work-around, this would be much appreciated!

Allright guys, finally got it working. For those of you who have this problem here is what I did:

I updated to catalyst 10.5 and started having an error pop up every time I loaded the game.
LoadLibrary failed with error126: The specified module could not be found.

***FIND*** [Start] -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

1. Right click that and select Run as Administrator.

2. If don't see C:/Windows/System32 on the screen next to your cursor, type the command: cd /d C:/Windows/System32
(If windows isn't on C:, replace C: with the drive windows is installed on)

3. Type the command: COPY atioglxx.dll .dll

And that should do it.

You'll have to do this EVERY TIME YOU UPDATE THE DRIVER until the issue is fixed.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011, 03:15 PM by rickdv.)
12-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Find
rickdv Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: LoadLibrary 126 error

**kick**

Nobody? Sad
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: LoadLibrary 126 error

Okay, it says it can't find a module. So the problem is most likely that there was a package that did not get extracted when you installed the game.

What you need to do, is reinstall the game, Since it is steam you could try that verify game cache thing in properties, but a clean install should definitely fix it!
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011, 02:00 AM by Spooder Wekd.)
01-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Website Find
rickdv Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: LoadLibrary 126 error **FIXED!!**

Yeah that was the first thing I thought off as well. But even after veryfing the game cache and a fresh new install the problem persists. I even tried downloading the demo, but on the demo it's the exact same problem when launching. Dodgy
Disabling my virusscanner also did nothing (mcafee) seeing sometimes a virusscanner does weird things to games.
So somehow somewhere there is something that's fiddling with my launcher.
But thanks for your 2 cents! Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011, 03:14 PM by rickdv.)
01-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

(01-02-2011, 11:51 AM)rickdv Wrote: Yeah that was the first thing I thought off as well. But even after veryfing the game cache and a fresh new install the problem persists. I even tried downloading the demo, but on the demo it's the exact same problem when launching. Dodgy
Disabling my virusscanner also did nothing (mcafee) seeing sometimes a virusscanner does weird things to games.

Well then. I usually wouldn't recommend it, but you could download a pirate version. You legally own the game, so there's nothing wrong with getting a different version so you can use what you own, so long as you don't support the torrent! Tongue
01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Website Find
rickdv Offline

(01-02-2011, 06:25 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(01-02-2011, 11:51 AM)rickdv Wrote: Yeah that was the first thing I thought off as well. But even after veryfing the game cache and a fresh new install the problem persists. I even tried downloading the demo, but on the demo it's the exact same problem when launching. Dodgy

Well then. I usually wouldn't recommend it, but you could download a pirate version. You legally own the game, so there's nothing wrong with getting a different version so you can use what you own, so long as you don't support the torrent! Tongue

See my first post. The problem is solved, the Catalyst drivers were the issue here. Luckily it's solved now and I can can play.. Works like a charm now!
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011, 11:58 PM by rickdv.)
01-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

(01-02-2011, 10:01 PM)rickdv Wrote: See my first post. The problem is solved, the Catalyst drivers were the issue here. Luckily it's solved now and I can can play.. Works like a charm now!

Aah, congratulations then!
01-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Website Find