Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
Penumbra flashlight in Amnesia?
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Penumbra flashlight in Amnesia?

(01-11-2011, 04:24 AM)Lee Wrote: It feels as though they're trying to distance themselves from the community. Thomas won't even accept my friend request on Facebook!
Umm, maybe that's because he wants his friends on Facebook to be real friends.
This is no signal that "they're trying to distance themselves".
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

(01-11-2011, 10:05 AM)ThePaSch Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 04:24 AM)Lee Wrote: It feels as though they're trying to distance themselves from the community. Thomas won't even accept my friend request on Facebook!
Umm, maybe that's because he wants his friends on Facebook to be real friends.
This is no signal that "they're trying to distance themselves".

but have you noticed how they never come into the main forum (here) and have a say about the things going on? I haven't even seen any of the developers jumping in and suggesting how to fix things or offer suggestions...

this flashlight mod is quite popular and yet they have shown no interest in helping us even though we are struggling, and honestly, we are stuck as what to do now
01-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Find
Akumasama Offline

Threads: 2

They actually do come to the forum and respond to problems that don't take too much time.
This however takes some time to make. They don't have the time to make it right now.
They are 3 man group (correct me if I'm wrong), so they can't afford to spend time on stuff like this. They need all the manpower they have for their own project so they can keep making games.

And I do agree on the Facebook thing, I also wouldn't accept you. I only accept people I know in real-life. Smile
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(01-11-2011, 11:33 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: but have you noticed how they never come into the main forum (here) and have a say about the things going on? I haven't even seen any of the developers jumping in and suggesting how to fix things or offer suggestions...

You've been around... what... 1 month?
And you say that you have never seen them doing anything.

Well, I've been here for about 3 years and I've seen them doing stuff for the community more than any other company.

Also since we're now at this topic, I've seen you complaining about Frictional Games not making a code for this mod, their laziness to fix bugs and what else I might have missed...
If you don't like their work, then there's always the door out of here that you can use, no one's stopping you.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011, 01:24 PM by Yuhaney.)
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Website Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

You could just say that this part of them forums is *our* area. Where users make things themselves and help each other. Seems to me that it runs pretty well without developer support.

As for the wiki; yes, it could be improved. How about giving certain forum members access to the wiki to add to it?
01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

It's a small dev team... and... lets put it this way...

They aren't that dreadfully busy, they have in fact stated that they are finding it hard to find things for their team members to do

I've only seen them with tech support and fixing issues for their product...
Small development company yes, but they don't have the work load of a 50 man development team
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Find
Akumasama Offline

Threads: 2

And where did Frictional Games say that they find it hard to find things to do?
I haven't seen it anywhere.

But really, please get over the fact that this is a indie developer. They care for their customers, but don't have the manpower to write code for it's users just like that.
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(01-11-2011, 01:30 PM)Tottel Wrote: As for the wiki; yes, it could be improved. How about giving certain forum members access to the wiki to add to it?

Well I have access, why don't you?

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

(01-11-2011, 05:29 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: Well I have access, why don't you?

Meh, ok.. I do now. I thought FG didn't allow others to change the wiki. Which is the point of a wiki to begin with, but ok.. details. ^^

Me improving the wiki? I've been on the forums barely 2 months. I don't know enough of the engine yet.
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

The Facebook thing was sort of a joke. I did add him just because I felt like looking up random names but it was supposed to sound silly. I don't see what exactly I'd do with him on my friends list.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Website Find