Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you make a custom story if it was easier to learn to make one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Yes. YES!!!111! :3
70.31%
45 70.31%
Yeah, that sounds good.
20.31%
13 20.31%
Meh, I don't really care.
3.13%
2 3.13%
Not really, I guess it would be cool though.
4.69%
3 4.69%
STFU, that is a dumb idea.
1.56%
1 1.56%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
[POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]

I'm just wondering; because there are not enough custom stories, given how powerful and relatively easy-to-use the mod tools provided by Frictional Games are.

I would be happy to write/help to write and maintain a thread with detailed how-to's on scripting and using the level editor and anything that answers questions people have, if I feel that there are people out there that want to make some cool stuff, but don't know how.

So, if you feel you are one of those types of people, let me know on this thread Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2011, 01:12 AM by Nye.)
02-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how?

(02-26-2011, 12:18 AM)Nye Wrote: I'm just wondering; because there are not enough custom stories, given how powerful and relatively easy-to-use the mod tools provided by Frictional Games are.

I would be happy to write/help to write and maintain a thread with detailed how-to's on scripting and using the level editor and anything that answers questions people have, if I feel that there are people out there that want to make some cool stuff, but don't know how.

So, if you feel you are one of those types of people, let me know on this thread Smile

Great idea :3 I have problems with scripting but everything else i can do Big Grin I'll let you know if i need some help Wink
02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Find
Nye Offline

(02-26-2011, 12:54 AM)CrushedRaiD Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 12:18 AM)Nye Wrote: I'm just wondering; because there are not enough custom stories, given how powerful and relatively easy-to-use the mod tools provided by Frictional Games are.

Great idea :3 I have problems with scripting but everything else i can do Big Grin I'll let you know if i need some help Wink

Cool :3

I will make a new thread when I get enough support, so don't post problems here, only support! Big Grin

02-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: [POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]

Personally I'm not interested in creating custom stories, but making step by step guide(s) for others sounds OK.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2011, 10:27 AM by Yuhaney.)
02-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Website Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10

(02-26-2011, 01:09 AM)Nye Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 12:54 AM)CrushedRaiD Wrote:

Cool :3

I will make a new thread when I get enough support, so don't post problems here, only support! Big Grin

I could help ppl with the Level editor thingy Big GrinDDD If thats what you are lookiing for as an support ;Big Grin
02-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19
RE: [POLL!] Would you LIKE to make a custom story/map, but DON'T KNOW how? [POLL]

This would be cool yes Smile especially giving tips how to get scarier effects Big Grin
And i can always use some tips on the level editor, hehe :p
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2011, 10:44 AM by nkmol.)
02-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Find
esten1 Offline

Threads: 1

Hell yeah please Big Grin i can make map itself... but having troubles gettings stuff working in it.. (monsters,doors,secret rooms, sounds.. ) Big Grin so scripting would be VERY useful!!!!
02-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Okay, thanks for the feedback all. I will make a thread soon Big Grin

02-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Find
Akasu Offline

Threads: 6

I don't have problems with the level editor or scripting anymore but my head is totally empty of ideas about what to make. I occasionally get some brain farts and start making a new custom story but sooner or later I run out of ideas again. I counted that I have 27 unfinished maps Smile
Perhaps I should read some books or watch some movies and get some influences from them...
02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Yes this would be a great idea. I have so much trouble with creating a map and scripting it. I would love to see a written walkthrough for creating a map.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
02-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Find