Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Black Forest Castle V2.1 (micro update!)
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Black Forest Castle (WIP)

I tried your story out, it was great, but, during gameplay I had a weird experience.

I could tell when something was about to happen, and I got scared only once. I think I had deja vu, I finished the story in less than 8 minutes. Weird. And I never played something like this.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
01-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Website Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

(01-29-2011, 05:14 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I tried your story out, it was great, but, during gameplay I had a weird experience.

I could tell when something was about to happen, and I got scared only once. I think I had deja vu, I finished the story in less than 8 minutes. Weird. And I never played something like this.
You didn't look at my map in the Level Editor, did you? Big Grin

That's definitely weird, maybe my map really got to your head? Tongue I haven't ever gotten feedback like that before from anyone, but rest assured that my new version will not feature anything like that, for you at least. Some events will be left unchanged, but most events (and areas) have been modified a good deal. Most others found the events quite unpredictable and frightening as you can see if you read their posts.

My new version is miles ahead and far longer than the one that's still up for download.

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2011, 09:21 PM by theDARKW0LF.)
01-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(01-29-2011, 09:19 PM)theDARKW0LF Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 05:14 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I tried your story out, it was great, but, during gameplay I had a weird experience.

You didn't look at my map in the Level Editor, did you? Big Grin

No way. I have no idea how I knew all that. Besides, I wouldn't look in the Level Editor in any way. So it is weird.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
01-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Website Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I just want to say theDARKW0LF, this was awesome.

VERY impressive for a first map! I hope to see some more from you, you have some great potential.

I recorded a commentated playthrough of the game here if you are interested in seeing how a normal player reacts in live time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lEKz0Hi...t_received

Again, excellent and imaginative. Good on you, guy.
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

(02-17-2011, 02:27 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I just want to say theDARKW0LF, this was awesome.

VERY impressive for a first map! I hope to see some more from you, you have some great potential.

I recorded a commentated playthrough of the game here if you are interested in seeing how a normal player reacts in live time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lEKz0Hi...t_received

Again, excellent and imaginative. Good on you, guy.

Haha, thanks for posting your playthrough! I really enjoyed watching it, good humor and everything. There most definitely is "more to come", I've just been temporarily side-tracked by some college studies. As for plot, I did create a very quick little introduction deal in the form of two (or maybe it was three?) notes that sort of explain why the heck you're there and what exactly you're doing in such a not-nice place, but they're kind of fail?

So yeah, dont know where any sort of plot is going with this, but maybe you could make it up as you go, you seem pretty good at it, haha. Oh and by the way, you just missed the lantern, you needed to look closer and from a better angle inside the swinging desk door in the room where you get your first key and you'll find the lantern in the corner Tongue.

In my latest version I refined the map's layout a great deal and changed the way some events occur (omitting some and adding others) and I lengthened the map a pretty good deal, probably by like 10 minutes at most, if you're a person who likes to search every nook and cranny for items of interest...

I'll let you know when my new version is about finished, not final though, I still haven't figured how to end it for good, so it'll likely be more of a cliff-hanger deal.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2011, 05:53 AM by theDARKW0LF.)
03-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Erm, I know it's kinda stupid to ask but I haven't played any of the custom stories yet so I'm a bit excused.Tongue How to add a custom sory to your game? I mean, I know that I have to paste some data in my "custom stories" folder, but I don't know which files.
Thanks for help.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM by Fomzo.)
03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

(03-07-2011, 08:26 PM)Fomzo Wrote: Erm, I know it's kinda stupid to ask but I haven't played any of the custom stories yet so I'm a bit excused.Tongue How to add a custom sory to your game? I mean, I know that I have to paste some data in my "custom stories" folder, but I don't know which files.
Thanks for help.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been around for a while. You just simply copy and paste the entire folder (Black Forest Castle folder) into the Custom Stories folder within your Amnesia directory.

03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(03-15-2011, 05:37 AM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: Version 2 will be uploaded tomorrow!
is that will be Full release of Black forest map? or principally new map - v.2?

ok , awaiting for 16 march!
03-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

RE: [WIP] Black Forest Castle V2 (Uploading Tomorrow)

This is great news to hear you're still working on it!

I really enjoyed your first demo, and definitely look forward to when you finish to give it a full playthrough.

Heck, I liked it so much I still got it as my featured video on my channel page even after almost a month since uploading. You definitely got a nack for this custom story thing, man.

Good luck in production!

And, might I request since I am going to try and avoid it until it is entirely finished, maybe a few new teaser screenshots if you find yourself with the spare time? I do love those!

03-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
RE: [WIP] Black Forest Castle V2 (Uploading Tomorrow)

Yes, great news! This has always been one of my favourite custom stories out there! Big Grin

03-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Find