Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
facetracking support
akimbomidget Offline

Threads: 1
facetracking support

Wonder how hard it would be to support facetracking, like the facetrack-noir

It might help with immersiveness, if your head movements translate to the head movement of the character.

I also heard of video glasses with accelerometer support! Now that would definitely be more scarier to play this game with. (after with a normal screen, you can just turn you head away from it. If its too scary)

One of the facetracking programs I was referring to is:
http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm (Its free and open source. So would be nice if fractional games included it with all their games! )
04-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: facetracking support

(04-02-2011, 10:47 AM)akimbomidget Wrote: Wonder how hard it would be to support facetracking, like the facetrack-noir

It might help with immersiveness, if your head movements translate to the head movement of the character.

I also heard of video glasses with accelerometer support! Now that would definitely be more scarier to play this game with. (after with a normal screen, you can just turn you head away from it. If its too scary)

One of the facetracking programs I was referring to is:
http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm (Its free and open source. So would be nice if fractional games included it with all their games! )

I totally agree it would help with immersion, as would incorporating microphone input. But it seems a lot of people on the internet, especially those who play online games in my experience, don't even own a functional microphone. Now for a consumer to own said video glasses with accelerometer, that's a little far fetched. There just isn't a market for it yet. Oh man, I wish there was though. Games would be beyond stimulating then.
04-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

I just hope I live long enough to use things like that. Virtual reality and similar things. One can dream...

04-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

Big monitor + FaceTrackNoir + Great headset + Novit Falcon + Microphone support ( game detects the volume of your microphone so the monsters for example hear you when you make noise with your microphone) + total darkness = 100% immersion.
04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Find