Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
---JUSTINE AS A CUSTOM STORY--- [DOWNLOAD] Please leave me some feedback, i worked hard to get this working =)
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
---JUSTINE AS A CUSTOM STORY--- [DOWNLOAD] Please leave me some feedback, i worked hard to get this working =)

For some reason my justine would always crash when i tried to load it (retail version), and i have read posts of similar things happening to other people, so i made it into a custom story, it works properly (a few random bugs that sometimes occur and sometimes don't) but i was wondering about peoples opinions on posting the custom story here for others to use?

Please don't kill me for this, i am only trying to help everyone enjoy the experience and because it is a custom story you will still have had to buy Amnesia first to play it so its not like piracy or anything =)

Thanks for your feedback,

Edd,
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 09:27 PM by Simpanra.)
05-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Find
Exostalker Offline

Threads: 10
RE: ---JUSTINE AS A CUSTOM STORY--- [Anybody Give Me Opinion?]

Just post it Smile

In my opinion, everyone has a right to try it, and if a crash occurs - that's unfair Smile

05-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

RE: ---JUSTINE AS A CUSTOM STORY--- [Anybody Give Me Opinion?]

(05-17-2011, 08:49 PM)Exostalker Wrote: Just post it Smile

In my opinion, everyone has a right to try it, and if a crash occurs - that's unfair Smile

^_^ thanks, alright i will =)

Justine

Enjoy ^_^

P.S, This will only work if you have all the new; items, sounds, lang settings and so on installed, this should be easy and i havent seen anyone have a download problem, only an actual playing problem, so this should work fine, just install it like any other custom story and play it as so ^_^
05-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: ---JUSTINE AS A CUSTOM STORY--- [DOWNLOAD] Please leave me some feedback, i worked hard to get this working =)

I've found out that when I tried to install justine it asked me for my serial again. Maybe this isn't a good idea as it is bypassing that but w.e.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

RE: ---JUSTINE AS A CUSTOM STORY--- [DOWNLOAD] Please leave me some feedback, i worked hard to get this working =)

(05-17-2011, 09:36 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: I've found out that when I tried to install justine it asked me for my serial again. Maybe this isn't a good idea as it is bypassing that but w.e.

It is bypassing the serial yes, but if you have amnesia and you bought it legally, then justine is free for you to use, wether you download it officially or not, it cannot run without amnesia and so aslong as you gained amnesia by lawful means, you can have justine for free =)
05-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

What's the point in asking twice for the serial then?^^

But anyways, they must have amnesia so. Justine first looked to me like Portal when that woman talked about tests. I've just startedthe first level(It didn't crashed when I clicked Justine) and I can't find a way to save the poor bastard-

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 09:56 PM by nemesis567.)
05-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Mainly to make sure you did get amnesia through the legal retail method, if you didn't then it wont let you play amnesia, full stop, you wont be able to access it, the justine expansion has an updated version of the serial number reader thingy so it kinda asks you again for verification,
05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If you already have a serial key, why would it bother you for game asking to re-enter it?
Usually it prevents people from pirating by banning some of the serials that were used in piracy.

By the way, even if it's a custom story, this will still need an updated Amnesia.exe which already has Justine. So in either case game will ask you to enter your serial and this being a custom story doesn't mean to bypass the serial control.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 10:15 PM by Tanshaydar.)
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Website Find
Simpanra Offline

i have got it to work on a non updated amnesia.exe so im sorry but it doesnt need the update,

The only thing that needs the update is the new script functions (addkeypart) and (moveplayerforward) =) everything else will work properly, i promise you =)

--------------

Just re-read your post, you are correct that the amnesia will once again ask you for a serial and so will justine (both separately) but if amnesia accepts the serial but justine doesn't, that is when this custom story comes in handy ^_^
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 10:18 PM by Simpanra.)
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Huh, I don't get the problem. The patch didn't ask me for my serial when I installed it.
05-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Find