Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Anmeisa Online Idea

Do I see a ZOE fan? :O
05-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(05-17-2011, 03:48 AM)Jehuty Wrote: The only thing you all say is "OMG! a multi mod! no fear animore! omagad!"
we dont need 4 pages of this

Actually it's a bit more intelligible than that. If you didn't take such a close minded approach to the threads either you would realize that a few (including myself) have recognized merit in arguments on both.

In fact, one of the very first posts I made in these forums as a member was in a thread just like this. I took heat for it and I expected that. Yet I calmly explained why I think it could be a beneficial feature and more importantly how I thought it should be implemented. However, we sometimes get people such as yourself who will flip s**t on anyone who opposes their ideas. Stop freaking out about it, calm down, and learn to tolerate criticism because you're going to have to deal with a lot of it both in forums and the real world.
05-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

We could learn patience, understanding, and empathy for our fellow man. Or we could have a flamefest in 2 weeks when we have to read the next iteration of 12 page threads on multiplayer and console support. I predict a Groundhog Day-esque situation.

Maybe with our newly expanded mod team those kind of threads will get re-directed to the existing ones and closed, preventing that. I sure hope so.
05-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Find
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Amnesia should have CO-OP... ;P

for those who think this game is bad for co-op then think of this you are with a friend you have to think together you have to figure things out then you have to find way to actually complete the puzzle and escape grunts which will always be a thrill no matter what you think
just one more person playing with you will not ruin your experience unless you are very closed minded
but i think this is a great idea
and those people that dont agree are stupid cause the whole game is not going to be based on two people
you will always have a choice to play alone or with a friend
and if you think its a bad idea and play co-op and like it then you are a huge hypocrite
and also frictional games is not a mainstream game thingy
it will not disappoint you i mean when has FG disappointed you ever?
05-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If FG makes a CoD I'll be disappointed no matter how much it's "done right".
And when I last checked Portal wasn't a horror game.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2011, 09:12 PM by Tanshaydar.)
05-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Website Find
KavazovAngel Offline

Threads: 13

No offense, but go play cheesy easy ass Portal 2 for co-op. Smile

The game is about personal experience and how it affects you, not about co-oping and beating the crap out of "monsters".
05-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Find
Vael Offline

Threads: 3

Co-op would be interesting, but would ruin what Amnesia: The Dark Descent is about. It was designed for Daniel being the only one to go through and face the trials that he did. If you just added a character in with him, then it'd be ruined and everyone most likely would be distasteful of the thought.

However, if FG made an entirely new game and spent a lot of time on every single piece of the game.. then I am sure that they could master co-op horror as they did single-player horror.

It's debatable.
05-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Find
SNightmare Offline

Threads: 0

No... I know it's been said since the first response, but I don't think co-op would be a good idea for Amnesia, for obvious reasons. I just don't think it can be used successfully in a horror game.
05-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Why is it that these days every released game HAS to have some kind of multiplayer?

05-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Website Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

Other player could be ghost of the former prisoner etc.

He/she would be able to help Daniel or some other character with having access to go thought certain walls etc. Also what ghost player would hold would be able to travel between walls with him/her.

Point is. Co-Op would work well if it was some new story so level design is made for it.

Ghost player could also scout out potential traps what Daniel player would very likely not notice and thus go in them.

However some paid DLC for new stories like Justine would be good.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 11:03 AM by Clord.)
05-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Find