Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 4.08 Average
Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED)
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
RE: Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED)

Just finished the story while recording my Lets Play! I will be posting Ep 2. tomorrow, but PLEASE FINISH THIS!!! This is one of my top 3 favorite stories, and I think its amazing! Do you plan on finishing it?

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

06-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Website Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

You guys need to realize, making a custom story takes a lot longer than it does to actually play it. Especially one of Streetboat's caliber, you need to be patient and let him work on it when he is able. He receives no money for this and surely has many other things in life he takes care of as well, so just be calm and let the man do his thing.

With that said, looking forward to whatever comes out of your mind next, Street.

06-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

I think you mis-understood me. I wasnt demanding it quicker, I was asking if he was simply going to finish it at all? Sorry about that.

PS: CRY?!?!?!?! I JUST POSTED A COMMENT ON ONE OF YOUR VIDEOS!! I love them!

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011, 09:35 PM by JetlinerX.)
06-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Website Find
Cryaotic Offline

(06-18-2011, 09:33 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: I think you mis-understood me. I wasnt demanding it quicker, I was asking if he was simply going to finish it at all? Sorry about that.

PS: CRY?!?!?!?! I JUST POSTED A COMMENT ON ONE OF YOUR VIDEOS!! I love them!

No worries, I just see a lot of posts on threads around the forum jumping inside custom story maker trousers and sometimes I think they just don't realize how long it really takes to make a proper good custom story. :]

And thank ya! To answer that comment: You have no idea how many times people have mentioned that.

06-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Ha ha ha! Its true dude, you sound just like him! Are you still doing Amnesia Lets Plays?

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

06-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Well, as it happens, I just got a job and started working regularly, so I don't have as much time to make custom stories. I've been idly working on some other... thing... for Amnesia, and I have no real goal with it and it's basically just me screwing around with the engine. I could try to make it cohesive and release something for people to ogle at, I suppose.

Also, Cry: how's the move going?

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011, 02:20 AM by Streetboat.)
06-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

(06-19-2011, 02:19 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Also, Cry: how's the move going?

Mostly all settled in and have a few videos recorded/edited/rendered. Just waiting until I have a decent stockpile before I begin uploading again. [Image: hhwr9.gif?t=1242256901]

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011, 07:14 AM by Cryaotic.)
06-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(06-19-2011, 02:19 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Well, as it happens, I just got a job and started working regularly, so I don't have as much time to make custom stories. I've been idly working on some other... thing... for Amnesia, and I have no real goal with it and it's basically just me screwing around with the engine. I could try to make it cohesive and release something for people to ogle at, I suppose.

Also, Cry: how's the move going?

That's a shame; this was one of the few custom stories I thoroughly enjoyed.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
06-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

Well if you ever do get a chance to do more work on it, I'd suggest a couple of things:
  1. Add save points! Nobody wants to start again from scratch.
  2. Add more path nodes in the study area on the second level. I tried to distract the brute by throwing a book, but it had no effect because there were no path nodes near the noise.
06-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Find
Finzy Offline

Threads: 3

Well, seemed like an awesome custom story, really liked the backstory with the whole "blizzard" thing going on, giving you an actual reason to explore the house. I couldn't finish it though; I got as far as pulling some switch in a basement area, and then a monster appeared in the study. However, due to some weird bug, I couldn't move up from the ladder at all, and the monster kept pacing the room up there forever. (It seems that it can't spot you from the ladder at all either, I was staring right into its face and it just kept walking Tongue) I thought maybe I was supposed to pile up some rocks to get to the upper floor since there was a hole in the ceiling, but that didn't work either. So I guess my game just bugged and I have to restart it all over again. Undecided Please fix it.

Agree that saving would be a nice feature to have too, especially in the full version. I died once initially since the monster "came back" and my sanity instantly dropped to zero, so I couldn't run away.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 03:39 PM by Finzy.)
06-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Find