Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need testers for my map
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: I need testers for my map

(06-23-2011, 11:16 AM)Mad Aztec Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 11:02 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Okay nice.

This my little demo ends. When you reach room with Bookshelfs and "Trigger books" that puzzle its not ready yet. Thats the end Smile

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ipn1jn2nruy62wv

There are 3 maps so far.
Some kind of a problem, are there supposed to be tables there were the bottles are, you know in the room where theres that big griffin or gargoyle thing, otherwise i didnt find anything else but a misplaced door that wouldnt open.

You mean that first map when you teleported and arrived that "Big room" where is that "White angel statue" and tables and bottles and stuff. and that one room is locked tight? If you have problems I think you dont have Justine files because you need these files to play this story. Sorry but thats the truth :/

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2011, 11:30 AM by HumiliatioN.)
06-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34

Awesome map. Very well done man. Scary as hell. Quite big map so it's fun to explore.

Spoiler below!

I got scared a lot of times, like when the suitors spawn right behind you. Great scripted and mapped. I found some things which I'm gonna assume are not intentional.

You find another lantern, so at the part where you drop it, you have another lantern which you still can use.

The key you find in the old drawers was behind the drawer for me. I don't know if it's supposed to behind the drawers or inside one of them.
Also behind that same drawer are two overlapping walls which makes them flicker. I know it's hard to make it perfect, just letting you know though.

At the part where you pick up the key from the desk and then blackout, when you wake up and everything is changed and destroyed, you can find the same items that you just picked up before blacking out, and you also lose the key. And the key doesn't have a name set in the extra_english.lang file I'm assuming cause it only says "Picked up". Again I don't know if the re-spawning items are intentional but it feels a bit weird to pick them up again.

Also at the secret wall which you can just walk through (which I've never seen before in a map, and it's awesome) there is a very dangerous spot to the very left where you kinda get stuck and start taking a lot of damage.(Image here)

And this has nothing to do with your map but I keep seeing in so many custom stories drawers, cabinets, chests and desks which are completely empty. I'm working on a map where I make sure to almost never leave them empty, and I'm not saying that you should put items useful to the player, but fill them with something so it doesn't look so empty and quickly made. So I personally just recommend you to fill drawers etc with entities.

Please understand that what I wrote is not complaining or pointing out "negative" parts of the map, simply to help and so that you are aware of the problems / flaws I found.

Edit: I also saw that in the big room with the statue of the griffin, there were no tables under the bottles. And I do have Justine, I could see the Justine statues etc.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2011, 11:39 AM by Shadowfied.)
06-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(06-23-2011, 11:37 AM)Shadowfied Wrote: Awesome map. Very well done man. Scary as hell. Quite big map so it's fun to explore.

Spoiler below!

I got scared a lot of times, like when the suitors spawn right behind you. Great scripted and mapped. I found some things which I'm gonna assume are not intentional.

You find another lantern, so at the part where you drop it, you have another lantern which you still can use.

The key you find in the old drawers was behind the drawer for me. I don't know if it's supposed to behind the drawers or inside one of them.
Also behind that same drawer are two overlapping walls which makes them flicker. I know it's hard to make it perfect, just letting you know though.

At the part where you pick up the key from the desk and then blackout, when you wake up and everything is changed and destroyed, you can find the same items that you just picked up before blacking out, and you also lose the key. And the key doesn't have a name set in the extra_english.lang file I'm assuming cause it only says "Picked up". Again I don't know if the re-spawning items are intentional but it feels a bit weird to pick them up again.

Also at the secret wall which you can just walk through (which I've never seen before in a map, and it's awesome) there is a very dangerous spot to the very left where you kinda get stuck and start taking a lot of damage.(Image here)

And this has nothing to do with your map but I keep seeing in so many custom stories drawers, cabinets, chests and desks which are completely empty. I'm working on a map where I make sure to almost never leave them empty, and I'm not saying that you should put items useful to the player, but fill them with something so it doesn't look so empty and quickly made. So I personally just recommend you to fill drawers etc with entities.

Please understand that what I wrote is not complaining or pointing out "negative" parts of the map, simply to help and so that you are aware of the problems / flaws I found.

Edit: I also saw that in the big room with the statue of the griffin, there were no tables under the bottles. And I do have Justine, I could see the Justine statues etc.

Oh, im suprised thats a lot for your feedback and yes there are few bugs and its still in progress "Naming that blackout key" just testing that and I fix these bugs for the final release.

I'm so happy that you like it. I was worried first and get too bad feedback. But you are very kind than other peoples. Thanks and good day sir Smile

06-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34

(06-23-2011, 11:43 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Oh, im suprised thats a lot for your feedback and yes there are few bugs and its still in progress "Naming that blackout key" just testing that and I fix these bugs for the final release.

I'm so happy that you like it. I was worried first and get too bad feedback. But you are very kind than other peoples. Thanks and good day sir Smile

Tell me when you have an updated test version of when it's released please.

Also I remember that room with the secret wall from some other map I've played. Have you made another test version for this map? And at least in that version you could stack a few boxes to get over the heavy box which is blocking the doorway. I recommend that you put an invisible wall there so players can't get over it.

06-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(06-23-2011, 11:46 AM)Shadowfied Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 11:43 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Oh, im suprised thats a lot for your feedback and yes there are few bugs and its still in progress "Naming that blackout key" just testing that and I fix these bugs for the final release.

Tell me when you have an updated test version of when it's released please.

Also I remember that room with the secret wall from some other map I've played. Have you made another test version for this map? And at least in that version you could stack a few boxes to get over the heavy box which is blocking the doorway. I recommend that you put an invisible wall there so players can't get over it.

Sure. Yes that i must fix noticed it recently Smile

06-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Find