Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any exploration based maps?
gremstein Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Any exploration based maps?

I'm sure alot of people would get bored without some monster action I guess... I've just never had this much fun with a game where you go poking around looking for notes and items and clues and whatnot. The FPS view with as much interaction as you have with the environment is awesome. I just get bored with ducking monsters all the time.
06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(06-27-2011, 09:37 PM)gremstein Wrote: I'm sure alot of people would get bored without some monster action I guess... I've just never had this much fun with a game where you go poking around looking for notes and items and clues and whatnot. The FPS view with as much interaction as you have with the environment is awesome. I just get bored with ducking monsters all the time.

That's cool! Because my custom story involves using the clutter of objects around to help you solve puzzles. Smile

06-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Find
gremstein Offline

(06-27-2011, 09:41 PM)Kyle Wrote: That's cool! Because my custom story involves using the clutter of objects around to help you solve puzzles. Smile

Is your map complete, or still a work in progress? It sounds cool, I'd like to try it out.
06-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

(06-27-2011, 09:53 PM)gremstein Wrote: Is your map complete, or still a work in progress? It sounds cool, I'd like to try it out.

It's a work in progress and nowhere near a demo because I just started it about a week ago. Tongue

06-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Find
gremstein Offline

(06-27-2011, 10:07 PM)Kyle Wrote:
(06-27-2011, 09:53 PM)gremstein Wrote: Is your map complete, or still a work in progress? It sounds cool, I'd like to try it out.

It's a work in progress and nowhere near a demo because I just started it about a week ago. Tongue

lol.. ok well if you need some playtesting done, hit me up and I'll be glad to help out.
06-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

(06-27-2011, 10:16 PM)gremstein Wrote: lol.. ok well if you need some playtesting done, hit me up and I'll be glad to help out.

Alright, I'll keep you in mind. Smile

06-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

I'm working on one right now, meaningful story plot included! Big Grin Fadeout's demo will be released in another 1 or 2 weeks. Don't worry though, I've added a few reasonable scares too. Wink
(nothing like a monster being in your kitchen.. like seriously, who puts a monster in a kitchen? xD)

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
06-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Find
AlexRobillard Offline

Threads: 5

No offence, but to me it seems like you putting peoples custom stories down for the things that are supposed to be in them. This is a horror game after all and puzzles could be in them more I agree, but if you want a puzzle game without monsters or scary things then why are you here?
06-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

What's wrong with custom stories without monsters then? Most of us have already played Amnesia, hiding in corners, running through corridors with a monster behind us, the whole shebang. I don't want to do that again when I now know how the game works and how the enemies navigate.

Oh, and you CAN make a puzzle-full custom story scary even without the monsters. Just don't tell anyone there are none :3

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
06-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Find
AlexRobillard Offline

Threads: 5

(06-29-2011, 07:58 AM)Oscar House Wrote: What's wrong with custom stories without monsters then? Most of us have already played Amnesia, hiding in corners, running through corridors with a monster behind us, the whole shebang. I don't want to do that again when I now know how the game works and how the enemies navigate.

Oh, and you CAN make a puzzle-full custom story scary even without the monsters. Just don't tell anyone there are none :3
You are just ripping the game apart, that is what amnesia is! Getting back to my point where you are asking for something from a game to totally take away its purpose. I think you are doing this because you want to have a game engine handed to you, but Amnesia is a monster, hide in closet thrilling horror game with a puzzle here and there to make it challenging. I can understand having more puzzles would be better, but totally secluding monsters from a game made for monsters isn't right to me.
06-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Find