Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chandelier stuck
Freddo Offline

Threads: 1
chandelier stuck

This might be a stupid question but anyhow. So this is my script and I would really appreciate some help:

void Shut(string &in asTimer)
{
    AddPropImpulse("chandelier_simple_2", 0, 0, 0.9f, "world");
    AddPropImpulse("chandelier_simple_3", 0, 0, 0.7f, "world");
    AddPropImpulse("mansion_3", 0, 0, 4.0f, "world");
    AddTimer("", 2.5f, "Doorlock");
}
Everything works fine but the chandeliers get "stuck" at the z every now and then, i.e they don't return to their 0, 0, 0 xyz positions. Any idea what to do?
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2011, 03:08 PM by Freddo.)
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43
RE: chandelier stuck

I could help but I don't understand what you're trying to do.. o_o
Are you trying to move the chandelier?

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
06-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

You're applying an impulse with the strenght vector of 0,0,0.9z. You should check if the lenght and mass of the chandelier is good enough to support that impulse without bugs. A way to know if the problem comes from some thign related to that is to reduce the impulse. If the problem is something else, you should check if there is the possibilitie that any of the chandelier bodies get's stuck inside somewhere. Like if it is stuck into the wall or something. If you just want to shake the chandelier(is it the roof one?) you should use an impulse in any xOy related direction to avoid any problems with the ceiling collisions.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Find
Freddo Offline

Threads: 1

(06-28-2011, 11:03 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: I could help but I don't understand what you're trying to do.. o_o
Are you trying to move the chandelier?

It's a gust of wind that moves the chandeliers, blows out every candle on the right side if the corridor and shuts/locks a door.
Looks like it is fine now, I've changed it to propforce.
06-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Find