Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.9 Average
Heart of Evil
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Heart of Evil

Yep, starting was nice and whole areas and maps was nicely done, expect many bugs and wall texture problems fix them. Then I always return to main hub "thunder sounds starts then It freezes and huge lags then I cant even move or play... fix that immediately. Huge problem.

Anyways I'm close to finish this have to remove that sound lag problem.

Feedback to you later whole process. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
07-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Find
Hadareon Offline

Threads: 7

(07-17-2011, 01:32 PM)SoothsayerNight Wrote: I just recorded the first part of Sooth Plays Heart Of Evil.

It's good =)) And I dont know, I had no lags...
Well, I'll remove just thunder =)
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2011, 02:07 PM by Hadareon.)
07-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

(07-17-2011, 01:32 PM)SoothsayerNight Wrote: I just recorded the first part of Sooth Plays Heart Of Evil and seems cool so far.
Only problem ive had is that i lag ridiculously...actually it freezed. Dunno if its cus of my comp or the game. My comp should be able to handle Amnesia just fine. But ive had these problems before too.

Yeah I was about to say the same thing, for some reason, mainly in the hall, it will lag REALLY bad. My system can run Amnesia fine and this is the first custom story that lagged majorly and actually froze a few times, so I can't really progress any further. I have just unlocked the door with the eagle key but it lags and freezes after about 10 seconds from loading that checkpoint Sad

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Find
Hadareon Offline

Please wait. I've fixed this, uploading...
07-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Find
SoothsayerNight Offline

Threads: 1

Can i get the fixed files without losing the save files?

Youtube Channel: SoothsayerNight Gaming
07-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Find
Hadareon Offline

(07-17-2011, 02:19 PM)SoothsayerNight Wrote: Can i get the fixed files without losing the save files?

Yes, because save files seems to be located in the "My Documents" =)
Fixed version ^^: http://www.mediafire.com/?1xgaf007q95wifw
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2011, 02:28 PM by Hadareon.)
07-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Okay finished it now my feedback:

Starting nicely on outside and entered haunted castle. Atmosphere was good and whole episode was nicely and very entertainment and scary some points.

Now to bad for this map flaws was many.

First I dont like that "box lighting you use very confused on that "Guest room map" it startes to changing many times and starting to get annoying, but few places was nicely to get that atmosphere to player.

Second: Keys, keys, keys unlock doors its same old searching stuff not new puzzles or puzzles at all only for few last maps are levers to switch and that was good, and that monster on the closet was very terryfying and me to jump, and that falling door front of me. Smile

Third and last: You remove that demo begin script it was nice and original one so far, and notes didnt make sense that "demo map" which is full version too. This was confused because same notes repeating and i get bit of lost on that story.

Positive:

- Atmosphere some points
- Lighting and scares
- Design some new ways to see it

Negative:

- No music some maps
- Basic stuff hide closet and find key, no puzzles.

Overall: It was nice and I like it last two maps was very scary and make me jump many times there was that hell of job! and that last scene was weird but i like that too. Two ways to end story.

- Design 7/10
- Scripting 8/10
- Enemys 7/10
- Atmosphere 9/10
- Puzzles and brain thinking 4/10

Well done!

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2011, 02:41 PM by HumiliatioN.)
07-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Find
Hadareon Offline

Puzzles and brain thinking 4/10 - I'm not striving to make them =)
But thank you for this useful critic!
07-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Find
Slegg Offline

Threads: 1

This was one of the best custom stories I have played so far!

Very impressive, the level design (fogs, little events) was second only to the official maps.

There are however a few that could be improved IMO:

Spoiler below!
The "girl event" in East Prison - the fact that you took the camera control entirely made it forced and obvious something was going to happen, and when it did you took the control completely off from the player which made it not scary (if it wasnt hallucination you couldnt run away so -.-)

A bit more oil couldnt hurt, I had to just pop the lantern up for a second all the time to save oil since most rooms werent fully visible.

In the guest room the door that is supposed to be unlocked by a key isnt locked.

After entering "The Dark Prison" all new mementos switched to your language.

I understand you cant speak English very well, however some in some notes I couldnt even understand what you were trying to say Sad

With all of that said, I absolutely loved it.
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Find
Hadareon Offline

Thanks, tomorrow I upload updated version. =)
07-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Find