Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
The Well: Descent
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Well: Descent

Yes, the cell part - sometimes Bugged.
Spoiler below!

when monster went out from cell, he start walking circling path, and nothing!
after restarting again map - finally he break the door and i free
atmosphere - excellent, especially water part in well, and the end!
07-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

Threads: 8

Spoiler below!
ye, the grunt in the cell is an annoying problem... monsters disappear normally, when you can't
see them, that's why it's hard to find a 100% solution :/

I try to update the map, including:
- fixing the music thing
- improving the cell
- some minor memento things

The Well: Descent - Take a look at it!
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2011, 08:40 PM by MrCookieh.)
07-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

Amazing Custom Story!
But,i had a bug with the music when the grunt chase you,hope you fix this Smile
07-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53

(07-30-2011, 09:44 AM)skypeskype Wrote: Big Grin. Nuff said.
Oh MY GOD I love it Big Grin. The level deisgn is great and the atmosphere is tense all the time. The puzzles were frickin amazing. I love them. They are unique and very creative. Good job. The notes are great too. You explained the story very good but there is ONE thing you didnt mention.
Spoiler below!
Who IS this master your father is working for?
The scares are good and trilling BUT me wantz moar D: Please please continue it.

I found 2 bugs.
Spoiler below!
1.When I enter the storage and see the grunt, the justine chase-music comes up and it doesnt stop until I put the 2 levers in the machine. And that took me some time because I couldnt find that one in the prison area. It got preety annoying and kinda ruined the atmosphere. (I dunno if this is a bug or if it was supposed to be this way. But I think you should change it.

2. In that tunnel in the storage if you jump enough times you can fall of the map. Maybe you should do it taller ?

Overall its a great custom story with very good puzzles and level design and I really think you should continue it.

I would like to thank you for saying the notes etc were good. I altered them to a more........imaginative degree (:

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
07-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

(07-30-2011, 10:09 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote:
(07-30-2011, 09:44 AM)skypeskype Wrote: Big Grin. Nuff said.
Oh MY GOD I love it Big Grin. The level deisgn is great and the atmosphere is tense all the time. The puzzles were frickin amazing. I love them. They are unique and very creative. Good job. The notes are great too. You explained the story very good but there is ONE thing you didnt mention.
Spoiler below!
Who IS this master your father is working for?
The scares are good and trilling BUT me wantz moar D: Please please continue it.

I found 2 bugs.
Spoiler below!
1.When I enter the storage and see the grunt, the justine chase-music comes up and it doesnt stop until I put the 2 levers in the machine. And that took me some time because I couldnt find that one in the prison area. It got preety annoying and kinda ruined the atmosphere. (I dunno if this is a bug or if it was supposed to be this way. But I think you should change it.

2. In that tunnel in the storage if you jump enough times you can fall of the map. Maybe you should do it taller ?

Overall its a great custom story with very good puzzles and level design and I really think you should continue it.

I would like to thank you for saying the notes etc were good. I altered them to a more........imaginative degree (:

I will admit most stories in custom maps are really dull and overused but this story is very intriguing and I am looking forward to chapter 2 not just for playing a awesome map but so I can find out more about the story! Big Grin

[Image: a.jpg]
07-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Website Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

What is the total playtime for this story

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

07-31-2011, 04:58 AM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

Threads: 8

Need4Power Wrote:But,i had a bug with the music when the grunt chase you,hope you fix this Smile

what bug do you mean?

ZxBrad Wrote:What is the total playtime for this story

That really depends on how fast you solve the puzzles.
Hard for me to tell you, but I think about 25-30 minutes

Okay, I have some problems at fixing stuff, so the update will take longer.

The Well: Descent - Take a look at it!
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2011, 10:30 AM by MrCookieh.)
07-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

I agree on all the positive things already mentioned, this was fun to play! Smile

But there were two things I didn't like:

Spoiler below!

I didn't understand the cell monster riddle. There's one note mentioning the upper part of the mnster's body, so I concluded that I should use the potion on the monster cut in two by the saw blade. But I didn't know what to do next. I even reloaded the game because I thought "aggressive" potion might have meant an acid and that I was supposed to pour it on the cell's lock instead...

It was only by accident that I threw the body part into that cell. Suddenly, I hear the monster growl and a grunt breaks through the cell door. Why did it suddenly spawn there? Did he break through the cell wall? But there's no hole in the wall afterwards. Did the dead part I had thrown in there come back to life? But the dead part is still laying on the floor in the cell... I don't know. However, I liked the "mechanics" of the riddle. It was something new after too many crowbar situations in other custom stories. Smile

The second thing I didn't like was the task to find the wooden plank. I came across two or three wooden planks of the exact shape as the final one before lowering the water. I felt pretty punked when I read the message that this plank down there was supposed to be the special plank I needed...

Beside that, I enjoyed this story very much, thanks for sharing!
07-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53

(07-31-2011, 10:36 AM)bobbo Wrote: I agree on all the positive things already mentioned, this was fun to play! Smile

But there were two things I didn't like:

Spoiler below!

I didn't understand the cell monster riddle. There's one note mentioning the upper part of the mnster's body, so I concluded that I should use the potion on the monster cut in two by the saw blade. But I didn't know what to do next. I even reloaded the game because I thought "aggressive" potion might have meant an acid and that I was supposed to pour it on the cell's lock instead...

It was only by accident that I threw the body part into that cell. Suddenly, I hear the monster growl and a grunt breaks through the cell door. Why did it suddenly spawn there? Did he break through the cell wall? But there's no hole in the wall afterwards. Did the dead part I had thrown in there come back to life? But the dead part is still laying on the floor in the cell... I don't know. However, I liked the "mechanics" of the riddle. It was something new after too many crowbar situations in other custom stories. Smile

The second thing I didn't like was the task to find the wooden plank. I came across two or three wooden planks of the exact shape as the final one before lowering the water. I felt pretty punked when I read the message that this plank down there was supposed to be the special plank I needed...

Beside that, I enjoyed this story very much, thanks for sharing!

1-The monster was dormant and, by it smelling the aggresitivity potion, is became agressive and broke out of the cell (:

2-It just adds more brain teasing puzzles (:

It only took me common sense to work these out, man xD
MrCookeh!

I really enjoyed the atmospheres. Pitch perfect for me. Even though I have the 0.9 Beta Tongue

I had trouble with the puzzles though. It was like a repeat of Cry's Belphegor walkthrough all over again xD

Good job, dude! (:

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2011, 12:16 PM by ObsidianLegion.)
07-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

(07-31-2011, 12:03 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: 1-The monster was dormant and, by it smelling the aggresitivity potion, is became agressive and broke out of the cell (:

There is no monster inside the cell. It only spawns after throwing in the body part and leaving the room from where you have thrown it in.
07-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Find