Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
The Well: Descent
MrCookieh Offline

Threads: 8
RE: The Well: Descent

Oh, I really should read with the context <.<
Thought you got confused by my story :o

Anyways, have fun while playing it, Cry, I will definitely watch it :3

The Well: Descent - Take a look at it!
07-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Find
Dizturbed Offline

Threads: 39

Veryy nice! I enjoyed it very well.
Looking forward to your future projects.

-Dizturbed

07-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I rather enjoyed it! Though there were some things that I noticed could use a bit of sprucing up!

Spoiler below!
The music that plays when you open the storage room door continuously played even after a reload, after the monster despawned, and was getting into my brain! I had to go into the sound files manually and replace it with a silent file to finish the game.

I assumed the second lever for the machine room was in the room next to the room that it was actually in, the locked door I never found a key for. It took me quite a while to figure out where it was - even with the note of it being in the cellar. I didn't realize that particular room was a cellar you see!

I was able to jump to the other side of the broken bridge with my awesome tower of awesome but I was only rewarded with death because it is impassable until I got the real plank of wood for it - how cruel and totally normal of the game!

The monster in the cellar wasn't there (though he was on my second playthrough that I had to do but that's a whole 'nother story) so when I put the head and torso through the gate (which I never really understood but I was just messing around) he then spawned and I was quite most definitely confused. I think something along the lines of they need food and they will love you or some kind of trigger like that would be interesting to give the player more of an idea on what he is supposed to do. Or she. You know, girls play this too!

The abrupt end! Aaaaagh! I needed some closure! I do hope you are going to be working on chapter two good sir!

With all that spoilerishness out of the way, I liked the mapping and such! It looked really great and fit the mood well, no fourth wall breaking, no texture clipping that I saw at least, and pots.

Definitely looking forward to more from you, sir Cookieh!

08-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

(08-01-2011, 05:30 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I rather enjoyed it! Though there were some things that I noticed could use a bit of sprucing up!

Spoiler below!
The music that plays when you open the storage room door continuously played even after a reload, after the monster despawned, and was getting into my brain! I had to go into the sound files manually and replace it with a silent file to finish the game.

I assumed the second lever for the machine room was in the room next to the room that it was actually in, the locked door I never found a key for. It took me quite a while to figure out where it was - even with the note of it being in the cellar. I didn't realize that particular room was a cellar you see!

I was able to jump to the other side of the broken bridge with my awesome tower of awesome but I was only rewarded with death because it is impassable until I got the real plank of wood for it - how cruel and totally normal of the game!

The monster in the cellar wasn't there (though he was on my second playthrough that I had to do but that's a whole 'nother story) so when I put the head and torso through the gate (which I never really understood but I was just messing around) he then spawned and I was quite most definitely confused. I think something along the lines of they need food and they will love you or some kind of trigger like that would be interesting to give the player more of an idea on what he is supposed to do. Or she. You know, girls play this too!

The abrupt end! Aaaaagh! I needed some closure! I do hope you are going to be working on chapter two good sir!

With all that spoilerishness out of the way, I liked the mapping and such! It looked really great and fit the mood well, no fourth wall breaking, no texture clipping that I saw at least, and pots.

Definitely looking forward to more from you, sir Cookieh!

Cry, I hate to disaprove with you... but, he DID explain that thing with giving him the meat in a couple of notes.
08-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Website Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(08-01-2011, 06:32 PM)skypeskype Wrote: Cry, I hate to disaprove with you... but, he DID explain that thing with giving him the meat in a couple of notes.

But he wasn't in the cell at the time so I was incredibly confused. :[

It was like I was giving meat to an invisible entity.

08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

(08-01-2011, 07:00 PM)Cryaotic Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 06:32 PM)skypeskype Wrote: Cry, I hate to disaprove with you... but, he DID explain that thing with giving him the meat in a couple of notes.

But he wasn't in the cell at the time so I was incredibly confused. :[

It was like I was giving meat to an invisible entity.

Yes you are right. For some reason it worked right for me the first time.

WAFFLES.

P.S: Its okay Sad. I never knew your father either Big Grin
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Website Find
MrCookieh Offline

Okay, I explain the problem:
The engine wasn't made for monsters, that can stay around the whole day.
It deactivates monsters, if they're out of sight and too far away. That's why in most of the cases the
monsters aren't there. If you enter the cellar, they get activated, and if you don't go in quickly,
they just disappear because of the engine.
I'm already working on a fix, which should work 100%.

I'm sorry for that, when I've tested it, I always walked straight into the cellar, that's why it didn't happen to me.

Will be included in the next update.

08-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

Bug in Cellar:

if the path of a monster who moves in a straight line, put the box, he would not be able to get around and get stuck, and cant"t finally break the door to went out, so for good in prison better than anything to not move boxes and do not throw
08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

I'll release an update today, if I get the last thing fixed: This.
Including: Music fix, signs, fixing the monsters in the cellar, advanced pathnodes, and some other minor stuff.

Thanks for pointing these out!

Okay, the old download links got replaced with the new updated download links (v1.1).
I hope I got the most annoying things, otherwise let me know!

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011, 06:14 PM by MrCookieh.)
08-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

Hey guys :]
I had been really busy the last months, so I couldn't do much with the amnesia editor.
So I want to know, if you think, this 'Story' deserves a sequel, because I think I could spent some time in Amnesia again Smile
I'm curious of your opinions Smile

11-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Find