Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
Work in progress Atlantia
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19
Atlantia

[Image: atlantia_menu_screen_new.jpg]

Team Members

Selyp (Modeling, Concept and Story, Mapping, Scripting)
Rapture (Mapping, Modeling)
NadTheBat (Mapping, Texturing)
MissRigi (Concept and Story)
DamnNoHtml (Textures, Mapping, Scripting)

Atlantia is a full conversion mod for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It will focus on exploring a breathtaking environment, and immersing the player in a rich storyline, filled with adventure, puzzles, exploration, and discovery. Using many custom made textures, entities, and models, Atlantia will focus on delivering the player an experience unlike any other created for Amnesia so far.

We are currently seeking team members. Looking for detail oriented people who are at least somewhat experienced with using the HPL2 editors and believe that a deep story and atmosphere is the most important aspect of a mod, and believe that the details matter. Looking for people who want to innovate and do things that haven't yet been done in Amnesia mods previously. If you are interested please PM me for details.

Updates
UPDATE : Aug. 13th - Atlantia is announced.
UPDATE : Aug. 14th - Underwater gameplay is working! Just need to touch it up a bit, and figure out how to disable gravity so the player isn't just walking underwater. Also completed a lot of mapping for the first area. (about 60%) Added some screenshots.
UPDATE : Aug. 15th - Mapping is done for the first area. Just need to spice things up and add details. Taking a break from that to create some custom models. Progress will be slower from now on, classes started back up today.
UPDATE : Aug. 24th - Taking some time off of mapping and working on some custom models! Will post some screens soonish
UPDATE : Sep 8th - I have learned a lot making some simple custom models, and am now going to start working on some models for Atlantia. If you'd like to see what I've completed, or download them yourself, check out this thread. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10208.html
UPDATE : Sep 9th - New screen added to moddb page. (Link is in my sig)
UPDATE : Sep 13th - With the help of Rapture, mapping is undergoing an awesome makeover! Will post some screens once it's finalized. (It looks a LOT better)
UPDATE : Sep 15th - Added a BUNCH of new screenshots!
UPDATE : Sep 23rd - Exciting news! DamnNoHtml has helped by making some really nice textures for a new map. 3 more custom models have been added, with more that just need to be textured. Also, we are completely renovating the inventory screen. 2 new screenshots at the ModDB page.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/atlantia
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM by Selyp.)
08-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Atlantia

Amazing project. Too bad that you were forced to announce it like this. I know that sucks.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
08-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Man that first picture is really amazing, except for that waterfall! Take it out!
08-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Find
Oddity007 Offline

Threads: 1

That blueness is love on first sight. Is it single?
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2011, 02:53 AM by Oddity007.)
08-14-2011, 02:53 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Screens are impressive, as you said this will be quite the undertaking but when finished will easily be one of the best custom stories for Amnesia. I know you will bring the same magic you showed in The Estate when giving life to this breathtaking underwater civilization.

Good luck Selyp Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
08-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

(08-14-2011, 07:19 AM)Tenno Wrote: Screens are impressive, as you said this will be quite the undertaking but when finished will easily be one of the best custom stories for Amnesia. I know you will bring the same magic you showed in The Estate when giving life to this breathtaking underwater civilization.

Good luck Selyp Big Grin
08-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Find
MasaMainio Offline

Threads: 2

Those pics look really great. Can't wait to try this one out. The Idea and story also sound pretty great. Luck to it.
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(08-14-2011, 02:09 AM)Selyp Wrote: I know this is going to be a huge undertaking, but I am working on getting some underwater gameplay added in

Actually, someone already made an underwater function for amnesia:
Youtube video

08-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

(08-14-2011, 07:26 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: Actually, someone already made an underwater function for amnesia:
Youtube video

Yes, I saw that, which is why I decided to include underwater gameplay after all Smile

Originally, I was just going to have the player start out coming out of the water into a small cave, but now I can have the player start out by finding the cave and then coming out of the water.

Also working on getting the flashlight to slowly recharge when not used, since its pretty unrealistic if there were batteries laying around everywhere in an underwater city.

BTW, has anyone successfully imported the glowstick from Penumbra?

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
08-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(08-14-2011, 08:56 PM)Selyp Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 07:26 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: Actually, someone already made an underwater function for amnesia:
Youtube video

Yes, I saw that, which is why I decided to include underwater gameplay after all Smile

Originally, I was just going to have the player start out coming out of the water into a small cave, but now I can have the player start out by finding the cave and then coming out of the water.

Also working on getting the flashlight to slowly recharge when not used, since its pretty unrealistic if there were batteries laying around everywhere in an underwater city.

BTW, has anyone successfully imported the glowstick from Penumbra?

Sorry, but I got an urge to help you make the script where the flashlight power slowly recharges when it's not being used. Tongue

An example for using a lantern that recharges when not in use (I don't know the differences between the lantern and flashlight scripting-wise Tongue ) :

void OnStart()
{
     Check01();
}
void Check01()
{
     AddTimer("", 1, "Check02");
}
void Check02(string &in asTimer)
{
     if (GetLanternActive() == false)
     {