Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Work in progress Harvest (Prologue Part I Released)
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Harvest (Working Title)

Demo is a complete bugless demonstration of a project almost complete. A demo must be worked on, organized, cleaned up, fixed up and MUST show a part of the final products content.

Severall demos? That does not exist.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
08-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

(08-14-2011, 02:09 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: MUST show a part of the final products content.

If that was true, a lot of demos for various professionally-published games, including Amnesia, would not be demos. We've been over the "multiple episodes" bit already, and it's a matter of semantics, nothing more. What I'll be releasing could perhaps be termed "prequels" or "prologues" to the main story, but since they're meant to demonstrate the mechanics and quality of the mod overall, I called them demos. Sorry for the confusion.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Amnesia shows a part of the final product's content. Maybe it's just a confusion, but good luck with the project anyhow.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
08-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Find
T1Mplus Offline

Threads: 0

I just watched the gameplay preview, and it looked AWESOME! Keep up the good work! Big Grin
08-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Hopefully by tomorrow one of the first downloads will be ready. It's only of a piece of pre-release content (i.e. just the original version of the removable torches seen in the preview, which will probably be updated before release of the prologue), but it was requested in this thread: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7494.html so it's going up early. I'll put up the flashlight a couple days before release also, along with other developers' items, on request.

Follow Harvest.
08-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

RE: Harvest (Prologue Part I Released)

Harvest: Prologue - Part I is completed and is awaiting authorization on ModDB. It can also be downloaded from Mediafire at the following link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?60imonkoak1a7rf

Feel free to grab it and give it a shot. Please let me know if any files (especially custom sounds, entities, or textures) are missing, so I can find them and make sure they're included in the ZIP file.

Cheers,
-Phoroneus
Take note that as part 1 of 3 of what is essentially a glorified demo, it is very short. It's meant mostly as a demonstration of the quality I'm going for (for a first released project, anyway) and some of the mechanics unique to Harvest (torches, climbing, et cetera).

Also I managed to make life miserable for arachnophobes and aquaphobes alike with this one, in certain circumstances. Pray you don't find them.
Oh, and since ModDB gets a bit of backstory for the backstory, here you go:

"Kevin Dunne is a twenty-eight year old medical technician residing in Dublin, Ireland. When he's not working, his frequent hangouts include several pubs, most notably O'Neills Bar & Restaurant.

After a particularly long day at work, Kevin retires to O'Neills with some friends. The only bachelor among them, he stays late while the others go home to spouses and family, ordering the last in a long line of Bulmer's Irish Ciders.

As he finishes his drink, he realizes that he may have had one too many, as he abruptly feels groggy and uncoordinated, with blurred vision and delayed reaction time. He fumbles to pay his tab and then shuffles to the door, where he pitches over just outside and blacks out..."

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM by Phoroneus.)
08-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

Great map, just great. Nothing else to say really... Well... I'm off! Big Grin

[Image: a.jpg]
08-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Website Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(08-23-2011, 12:06 PM)Phoroneus Wrote: Harvest: Prologue - Part I is completed and is awaiting authorization on ModDB. It can also be downloaded from Mediafire at the following link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o52g1p6xmabetha

Well, firstly put it in the first post thread.

just played.. OMG amazing Atmosphere! Exclamation
sounds and dark places in prison, and that well...
btw, i see file harvest_prologue_01_servant_grunt.nodes - so there are no grunts on the map! is that right??
Spoiler below!

firstly climb on the top of well, i jump down into well, seems rusty key is useless.
[Image: wellz.th.jpg]

btw, sound - wellcome to nightmare, i missed you - i dont hear while playing..Shy

08-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

There are actually three obtainable endings (one of them is more like a non-ending which results if you fail to find either of the other two). One of the endings involves the rusty key and the grunt.
The "Welcome back to your nightmare..." sound was from Wake. I borrowed it to figure out how it was done in that custom story. It shouldn't actually play (and I thought I took it out of the files, but may not have). Thanks for the heads up, though. I'll pull that out since it's not my work. Smile
First post updated. Download link updated. New download doesn't accidentally contain any reference files (that I'm aware of). Sorry to DamnNoHtml for accidentally republishing your work. Also thanks for Wake, studying it helped me immensely.
(08-23-2011, 12:42 PM)Dark Knight Wrote:
Spoiler below!

firstly climb on the top of well, i jump down into well, seems rusty key is useless.
[Image: wellz.th.jpg]

Your gamma appears to be a lot higher than mine. The outside of the well (where the light doesn't reach because the top portion is too high up) is really dark on my screen. Glad you liked it, though.

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM by Phoroneus.)
08-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

I love it. Very unique puzzle you have there with the climbing. More people should use that. I hope the next one will be longer Sad
08-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Website Find