Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the color of window light and billboards
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
Changing the color of window light and billboards

What would be the best way to make a window look as though it's shining a different color light? I'm not just talking about the billboards that act as the rays, but the actual color of the window too. I was thinking of a really ghetto method which was to place one or more colored fog areas in the window. Or is that the way to do it? lol

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
09-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Changing the color of window light and billboards

You can change the color of billboards in the level editor. However, i am uncertain which functions can be used to disable (hide) billboards if any. Billboards are the best way to go since the game doesn't support volumetric lighting. Fog areas won't give a desirable effect. Color of the window may require editing the object or trying to fake it with box lights.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2011, 07:28 AM by Your Computer.)
09-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

I created this short video to show if I got what you meant:
http://www.youtube.com/user/superkhyrpa?...isWXIgi0Ek

Just place a billboard in front of the window and use it to adjust the color of the window.
And to change the color of billboards, just connect a billboard into any light and change the color of the light with FadeLightTo function (in this video its just the lights own flicker settings changing the color).

09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Find
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27

(09-13-2011, 12:55 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: I created this short video to show if I got what you meant:
http://www.youtube.com/user/superkhyrpa?...isWXIgi0Ek

Just place a billboard in front of the window and use it to adjust the color of the window.
And to change the color of billboards, just connect a billboard into any light and change the color of the light with FadeLightTo function (in this video its just the lights own flicker settings changing the color).
Ah so I could use a point light! cool! I didn't mean to make them cycle through different colors, I meant a constant color, so I don't even need a function. Thanks guys! Big Grin

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Find
aidan499 Offline

Threads: 14

Its kinda easy you got to put a billbord down where you want it then just click on it and set the color of it by pressing. the color button then drag down the color bars.
09-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Find