Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
"Insomnia" - Released
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: "Insomnia" - Released

(09-15-2011, 02:50 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: W...what? Was the screen black or something? Any sounds coming out? Gamma really low?
(09-15-2011, 02:49 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I downloaded this from moddb, but I went to play, It opened, made a profile, clicked Start New Game, it loaded, loading screen went away, and absolutely nothing happened for atleast 7 minutes. I quit and came here. Help?
I am missing textures I think. I looked at the very very beginning of your Insomnia in 9 minutes video, and the main menu has a hospital looking custom textures. Mine is just floating beds and stuff. Possibly that's why I am not loading?

Do I have to download Version 0.9 AND 1.0?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

No it should just be v1.0. Can you take a screenshot of what is inside your "Textures" folder inside your main Amnesia folder?
(09-15-2011, 03:00 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 02:50 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: W...what? Was the screen black or something? Any sounds coming out? Gamma really low?
(09-15-2011, 02:49 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I downloaded this from moddb, but I went to play, It opened, made a profile, clicked Start New Game, it loaded, loading screen went away, and absolutely nothing happened for atleast 7 minutes. I quit and came here. Help?
I am missing textures I think. I looked at the very very beginning of your Insomnia in 9 minutes video, and the main menu has a hospital looking custom textures. Mine is just floating beds and stuff. Possibly that's why I am not loading?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(09-15-2011, 03:01 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: No it should just be v1.0. Can you take a screenshot of what is inside your "Textures" folder inside your main Amnesia folder?
(09-15-2011, 03:00 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:

Here. I took a picture of the Textures folder, and the dnh or whatever folder that came with your custom.

Spoiler below!

[Image: maistuff2.png]
[Image: maistuff.png]

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
09-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

That is...really weird. The textures look like they are in the right spot and there is no reason the game shouldn't be linking to them appropriately. Is anyone else having this problem?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Here is my main menu, just for reference.

Spoiler below!

[Image: insomnia.png]

I have to go now so if you or someone else may find out the problem or how to fix it, I won't be able to try it til much later.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2011, 03:23 PM by RawkBandMan.)
09-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Am I the only one who had absolutely no problem with this?

Odd!

09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Apparently. :/
(09-15-2011, 05:22 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Am I the only one who had absolutely no problem with this?

Odd!

09-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Find
Scorpion92 Offline

Threads: 7

Nice .... but to short

Scorpio :D
09-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

Dang, I got this all ready to go and was super excited to play it, but it crashed! It loaded fine when I started a new game, I head the voice effects go, then as soon as I start to wake up and stand up it crashes. I tried re-installing with the download from ModDB with no luck.

Here's the hpl log
Spoiler below!

-------- Loading complete ---------
Setting profile: 'Jordan' Path: 'C:\Users\Greg\Documents/Amnesia/dnh-saves/Jordan/'
-------- Loading map '00.map' ---------
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/BloodWall.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/TilesPlain0022_2_S.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/TilesPlain0022_2_S_nrm.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/ConcretePlates0007_9_S.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/ConcretePlates0007_9_S_nrm.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/MedSign.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/MarbleTiles0009_16_S-1.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/MarbleTiles0009_15_S_nrm.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/textures/dnh/circuits.dds' does not have a pow2 size!
Cache Loading: 2154 ms
ERROR: Couldn't create material 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/billboards/white_lightray.mat'
WARNING: Could not find main physics body 'furniture_office_chair01_1'
WARNING: Could not find main physics body 'furniture_office_chair01_2'
WARNING: Could not find main physics body 'furniture_office_chair01_3'
Entities: 1900 ms
Compilation: 73 ms
Total: 4263 ms
Meshes created: 222
Bodies created: 22
-------- Loading complete ---------
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/dnh_models/player/hands/hands.dae'
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/dnh_models/player/hands/animations/hands_lantern_idle.dae_anim'
ERROR: Bitmap has to few images (1) to create cubmap texture 'gobo_iron_bars.dds'
WARNING: Couldn't load gobo texture 'gobo_iron_bars.dds' for light 'PlayerLantern'

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2011, 05:59 PM by Selyp.)
09-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Find
Stanton Offline

Threads: 0

download link is not working, fix it
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Find