Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant download amnesia custom stories
WunderWaffleman Offline

Threads: 1
Cant download amnesia custom stories

Hey could someone help me? I downloaded Amnesia off of the frictional games website and i would like to install a custom story but all the tutorials i find assume i bought it off of steam. I have a windows 7 computer by the way.
I appreciate any help
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 04:09 PM by WunderWaffleman.)
10-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Cant download amnesia custom stories

You just need to put them in your custom_stories folder.
There is only one thing different from Steam version: Steam version doesn't have a redist folder, but has the same layout once you see Amnesia.exe in the folder, rest is pretty much same.

10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Website Find
WunderWaffleman Offline

(10-08-2011, 04:09 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: You just need to put them in your custom_stories folder.
There is only one thing different from Steam version: Steam version doesn't have a redist folder, but has the same layout once you see Amnesia.exe in the folder, rest is pretty much same.
Can you please tell me where to find the amnesia.exe folder? Sorry if im bothering you by the way, i am not as smart with computers as you probably are

10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(10-08-2011, 08:12 PM)WunderWaffleman Wrote:
(10-08-2011, 04:09 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: You just need to put them in your custom_stories folder.
Can you please tell me where to find the amnesia.exe folder? Sorry if im bothering you by the way, i am not as smart with computers as you probably are
Oh! You were the guy who commented earlier on a the video for it - sorry I didn't respond.

You would want to go to something along the lines of C:\Program Files\Amnesia The Dark Descent (or whatever the file would be, it might also be named something like Frictional Games)

In there you should have a folder named 'redist' - I believe in this folder should be your custom_stories folder.

Just plop the custom story's folder you have in there and you should be good to go.

This may be a bit false since I don't have that version of the game and am going by faded memory of past discussions, but I hope it helps.

10-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Find
WunderWaffleman Offline

I found a amnesia folder with another folder called main and in it is my amnesia profile. There is also a folder called redist but it isnt in the amnesia folder and in it there is nothing to do with amnesia the dark descent
(10-08-2011, 04:06 PM)WunderWaffleman Wrote: Hey could someone help me? I downloaded Amnesia off of the frictional games website and i would like to install a custom story but all the tutorials i find assume i bought it off of steam. I have a windows 7 computer by the way.
I appreciate any help
I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 01:50 AM by WunderWaffleman.)
10-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories
10-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Find