Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

has anyone installed this onto a mac? I really want to play this game but when ever i try to place the files into the library/application support/ steam/ steam apps/ common/ amnesia the dark descent it asks it i want to replace the files that have the same name
10-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(10-23-2011, 09:50 PM)Russ Money Wrote: Just finished White Night, interesting to say the least!

Also: Just heard on the news that Turkey got hit by an Earthquake. Hope you and your family are safe, Tanshaydar.

I hope you enjoyed it. As always, I think I don't need to remind that I'm expecting some extensive feedback, either here or on ModDB.
And thanks for being considerate. I live in a city 800 miles away from the earthquake, and my family lives 1100 miles away from there. Though the earthquake on 17th August 1999 hit the land I live. First time I saw real dead bodies. It was a total nightmare, yesterday's wasn't that big, but big enough to be a disaster.

(10-24-2011, 03:55 AM)vcplz Wrote: has anyone installed this onto a mac? I really want to play this game but when ever i try to place the files into the library/application support/ steam/ steam apps/ common/ amnesia the dark descent it asks it i want to replace the files that have the same name

White Night doesn't replace any of the actual game files. So only thing it should ask is to merge the folders. If there is something to overwrite, I'd recommend a fresh install instead.

(10-23-2011, 10:27 PM)ChoskarChulian Wrote: PLEASE, help! Sad
PS: And I have the language set to English in the maingame, too.

Alternatively, there is this comment under my user page on ModDB:
Quote:''I had the same "Amnesia.exe cause an EXCEPTION_ACCES_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 0023:004A67A8" error, reinstalled in English language and still wasn't able to run it. Then i deleted the Amnesia folder in C:/users/"your account name"/my documents, the one that have my profile and saves (Of course i made a backup of the folder), and finally got it running. Hope it helps others with this issue. ''

10-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(10-24-2011, 01:45 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: And thanks for being considerate. I live in a city 800 miles away from the earthquake, and my family lives 1100 miles away from there. Though the earthquake on 17th August 1999 hit the land I live. First time I saw real dead bodies. It was a total nightmare, yesterday's wasn't that big, but big enough to be a disaster.

I remember it too, it also hit Greece! Confused
10-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Find
ChoskarChulian Offline

Threads: 8

(10-24-2011, 01:45 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 09:50 PM)Russ Money Wrote: Just finished White Night, interesting to say the least!

Also: Just heard on the news that Turkey got hit by an Earthquake. Hope you and your family are safe, Tanshaydar.

I hope you enjoyed it. As always, I think I don't need to remind that I'm expecting some extensive feedback, either here or on ModDB.
And thanks for being considerate. I live in a city 800 miles away from the earthquake, and my family lives 1100 miles away from there. Though the earthquake on 17th August 1999 hit the land I live. First time I saw real dead bodies. It was a total nightmare, yesterday's wasn't that big, but big enough to be a disaster.

(10-24-2011, 03:55 AM)vcplz Wrote: has anyone installed this onto a mac? I really want to play this game but when ever i try to place the files into the library/application support/ steam/ steam apps/ common/ amnesia the dark descent it asks it i want to replace the files that have the same name

White Night doesn't replace any of the actual game files. So only thing it should ask is to merge the folders. If there is something to overwrite, I'd recommend a fresh install instead.

(10-23-2011, 10:27 PM)ChoskarChulian Wrote: PLEASE, help! Sad
PS: And I have the language set to English in the maingame, too.

Alternatively, there is this comment under my user page on ModDB:
Quote:''I had the same "Amnesia.exe cause an EXCEPTION_ACCES_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 0023:004A67A8" error, reinstalled in English language and still wasn't able to run it. Then i deleted the Amnesia folder in C:/users/"your account name"/my documents, the one that have my profile and saves (Of course i made a backup of the folder), and finally got it running. Hope it helps others with this issue. ''
FINALLY got it working, thanks.
Now to the BAD news (again lol).
Came across two Glitches already.

In the first vent you can go, the one right at the Beginning, I through a chair in there to have a companion resulting in me beeing unable to climb the ladder.

Second Glitch, I moved the Wooden Plank completly til the end, it got stuck for some reason, so I wasn´t able to keep on playing.

Can you somehow load earlier saves?
If it not, I´mma have to start all over for the third time. :/

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2011, 07:40 PM by ChoskarChulian.)
10-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

They are not glitch, user error at most.
Anyway, there is a save when you picked up the note at the beginning.

10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Website Find
ChoskarChulian Offline

Threads: 8

(10-24-2011, 07:47 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: They are not glitch, user error at most.
Anyway, there is a save when you picked up the note at the beginning.
Allright, I managed to got alot further now and your story is EXTREMLY uncomftorble (spelling lol) to play (in a good way), VERY unsettling.
...Until I listened to that audiotape spoken by that certain YouTuber.
Moment of Complete Awesomess. XD

10-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Website Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Threads: 4

Gonna play it later, looks awesome !

By the way, I just saw you have no French translation in your mod, I can translate for you if you want.

Peace ^^

10-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(10-25-2011, 05:18 PM)Pr3d4t0r Wrote: Gonna play it later, looks awesome !
By the way, I just saw you have no French translation in your mod, I can translate for you if you want.
Peace ^^

That would be awesome. I was expecting more people willing to translate, but it turned out to be fewer than I expected. So far only German and Czech are competed. Greek and Turkish are in progress; and no other language offered so far :/

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 08:48 PM by Tanshaydar.)
10-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Website Find
Morfar Offline

Threads: 12

Ohhhh ye baby, next part of my kind big success serie of White Night is released

ENJOY

[url]http://www.youtube.com/morfar[/url] Amnesia/Stories with facecam!
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 09:25 PM by Morfar.)
10-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

And I was just thinking if I should go make some tea. Yeah.

10-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Website Find