Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

(10-30-2011, 06:10 AM)kman Wrote: so i just watch session 9 tonight, and all i can say is i had NO IDEA how many references to it you made on my first play through XD i mean i realized the picture during the loading screen is referencing the wheel chair but at the time that was about it. on a side note though, that movie was AWESOME. it's probably my favorite movie as of now Smile

Then I think you got the hospital name too, Denver State Hospital, Danvers State Hospital Smile
Yeah, Session 9 was a great inspiration and reference base. But I have sh*tload of references to various things. I don't even remember which was where...

(10-30-2011, 04:49 AM)Xss Wrote: Oh really? What is it that you didn't think of?

Hmmm
Spoiler below!
Grace and Sofia are same person; also Patrick and David are same person, we were a doctor in that hospital and we were dating with one of our patients. As a result of memory replacement experiments he had a second personality. She took over the hospital and did choose us to play with.
It started with this, in the middle of part 10; and I was thinking like "oh, yeah, I could've twist the plot like that". But I'm quite satisfied with the story I wrote, even though no-one knows it Tongue
By the way, the reason you didn't get the whole plot is that you didn't interact/trigger some things. I don't exactly remember but there is a chance you missed one or two notes. Other than that, you had quite a grasp on the story.

(10-29-2011, 09:55 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: for a moment I believed that, seriously! Tongue

A good joke!

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 06:20 AM by Tanshaydar.)
10-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(10-30-2011, 03:44 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Happy Halloween Smile

Happy Halloween! Smile

(10-30-2011, 03:44 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: This is a help call. I'll release an update for White Night, then I'll be pretty much finished with it. I'll just write some postmortems (once in a week or two). So, if anyone has the time to make a proof-read for me, I'd appreciate it.

What do you mean proof-read?
10-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-30-2011, 07:21 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(10-30-2011, 03:44 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: This is a help call. I'll release an update for White Night, then I'll be pretty much finished with it. I'll just write some postmortems (once in a week or two). So, if anyone has the time to make a proof-read for me, I'd appreciate it.

What do you mean proof-read?
that just means to read over all the notes and make sure there are no grammatical or spelling errors.

(10-30-2011, 06:19 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(10-30-2011, 06:10 AM)kman Wrote: so i just watch session 9 tonight, and all i can say is i had NO IDEA how many references to it you made on my first play through XD i mean i realized the picture during the loading screen is referencing the wheel chair but at the time that was about it. on a side note though, that movie was AWESOME. it's probably my favorite movie as of now Smile

Then I think you got the hospital name too, Denver State Hospital, Danvers State Hospital Smile
Yeah, Session 9 was a great inspiration and reference base. But I have sh*tload of references to various things. I don't even remember which was where...
ahh yes i actually caught a few of the others. the one talking about how clarence was saying a man named phillip was trying to get rid of him was obviously talking about penumbra. then i also saw "tom redwood" and "john carpenter" come up on a list of patients. they're pretty fun to find actually! it's like an inside joke with someone you've never even met Big Grin

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 08:12 AM by Kman.)
10-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Quote: By the way, the reason you didn't get the whole plot is that you didn't interact/trigger some things. I don't exactly remember but there is a chance you missed one or two notes. Other than that, you had quite a grasp on the story.
Indeed, I missed some notes, but I could check them by looking at someone's elses LP. Smile
10-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(10-30-2011, 08:04 AM)kman Wrote: .

An FG community inside joke! Tongue

Tans, in some of my bug reports I also told you to correct some grammar, meaning, spelling mistakes. I don't know if you have fixed them because I have not played it since. Just don't forget these as well.

So, in general I think that all you need to fix is how to make the player understand the story the way you want to. I did not understand that a doctor was seeing a patient but I did get both personalities of each of them.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 09:12 AM by plutomaniac.)
10-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Xss t'as quand même un bon accent pour un Français xD.

Quand j'ai vu ta vidéo, au début, j'ai cru que tu étais Anglais lol.

Good video btw Wink

10-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Find
Yodake Offline

Threads: 3

Haven't played yet, I am waiting for the German translation. Can't you update the game every time there's a new language? ;D Sorry, just can't wait. Mod looks pretty cool.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 04:16 PM by Yodake.)
10-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Quote: Xss t'as quand même un bon accent pour un Français xD.

Quand j'ai vu ta vidéo, au début, j'ai cru que tu étais Anglais lol.

Good video btw [Image: wink.gif]
Ahahaha, merci beaucoup! Big Grin

But the ultimate goal is to try to end up with a very neutral accent. I do not have any excuses: I have been living for more than four years in the US and I have a CELTA certificate to teach English, so getting rid of my accent is a big priority for me! Smile

Er..By the way, how he frigg do I do proper quotes (I can't figure out how to write down "X wrote down"...).
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(10-30-2011, 09:11 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Tans, in some of my bug reports I also told you to correct some grammar, meaning, spelling mistakes. I don't know if you have fixed them because I have not played it since. Just don't forget these as well.

So, in general I think that all you need to fix is how to make the player understand the story the way you want to. I did not understand that a doctor was seeing a patient but I did get both personalities of each of them.

Yeah, I fixed them, but some prepositions, and some of the 'the' uses started to bother some people. I don't want to say grammar nazis, but all they do is complaining instead of offering help while they are aware of that English is not my main language. They probably don't know Turkish and English are completely different languages.

(10-30-2011, 04:15 PM)Yodake Wrote: Haven't played yet, I am waiting for the German translation. Can't you update the game every time there's a new language? ;D Sorry, just can't wait. Mod looks pretty cool.

German is ready, I might add it in a couple of days.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 09:26 PM by Tanshaydar.)
10-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Website Find
envirovore Offline

Threads: 1

I've been enjoying this mod from what I've played so far (only in the area just after you first get the flashlight, I did spoil it by watching Cry's LP though...couldn't resist). Excellent work for sure thus far.

I do have one technical issue, which I see that you had mentioned on the Moddb page as well. I'm one of the nVidia users that have black lines scanning through textures. Normally it's not too bad, but on some desks/table surfaces it's quite bad. It only seems to happen when viewing the surfaces from certain angles as well (which is not possible to avoid when you've got to survey a room).
Is there any way to resolve this or a planned fix coming up for it? It doesn't seem to have any impact on gameplay at all, but does slightly break immersion at times.

I'm using a GeForce 9800 GT 1GB with the 285.38 driver build. All graphics settings maxed except SSAO which is at 8x medium. Mod runs fine except for the line issue. I look forward to completing it either tonight or tomorrow. Just wanted to provide feed back on that issue, and see if anyone's found a resolution for it as of yet.

Edit: also, +rep for the excellent conversion. I look forward to any future projects should you continue with them.

alive we threaten everything
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 12:11 AM by envirovore.)
10-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Website Find