Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[REL] MYSTERY: Chapter 1 UPDATE
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
[REL] MYSTERY: Chapter 1 UPDATE

MYSTERY

This custom story came about while I was working on my other custom story (which is discontinued). This is the first chapter of hopefully many.

STORY
You find yourself in a morgue....Who put you here? I know it's kind of vague, but once you play the custom story you'll understand sooner or later. This story doesn't have many voice actors (if any) so I made cinematic cut scenes to tell the story.

FEATURES
- Two endings
- Cinematic cut scenes for the stories sake
- 5 maps
- Hopefully a good story
- Alot of scares and tension

NOTE: It may lag at the start, just let it be until you fade out.

DOWNLOAD:
It has an extra entity (a normal grunt with an extra feature), so that's partly why it's 15MB.
Download link: https://rapidshare.com/files/2552773062/...pter_1.zip

PEWDIEPIE played it!!!:

I will make a Chapter 2Big Grin

.jpg   story.jpg (Size: 48.49 KB / Downloads: 2,004)

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012, 12:18 PM by flamez3.)
10-31-2011, 03:25 AM
Find
Laurensman Offline

Threads: 2
RE: [REL] MYSTERY: Chapter 1

(10-31-2011, 03:25 AM)flamez3 Wrote: MYSTERY

This custom story came about while I was working on my other custom story (which is discontinued). This is the first chapter of hopefully many.

STORY
You find yourself in a morgue....Who put you here? I know it's kind of vague, but once you play the custom story you'll understand sooner or later. This story doesn't have many voice actors (if any) so I made cinematic cut scenes to tell the story.

FEATURES
- Two endings- Cinematic cut scenes for the stories sake- 5 maps
- Hopefully a good story
- Decent amount of scares and tension

DOWNLOAD:
It has an extra entity (a normal grunt with an extra feature), so that's partly why it's 15MB.
Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q67ZDFFJ
Haha! thats awesome. is there a dl link? or you still working on it. I wanna play it =] umm wow i didnt notice the dl link haha. getting it now. I'll Let you know how good it is when i beat it. Playing it now. And also thanks for all the help on my custom story as well. Your awesome.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 03:48 AM by Laurensman.)
10-31-2011, 03:46 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(10-31-2011, 03:46 AM)Laurensman Wrote: Haha! thats awesome. is there a dl link? or you still working on it. I wanna play it =] umm wow i didnt notice the dl link haha. getting it now. I'll Let you know how good it is when i beat it. Playing it now. And also thanks for all the help on my custom story as well. Your awesome.
Np Smile

10-31-2011, 03:58 AM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(10-31-2011, 03:58 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(10-31-2011, 03:46 AM)Laurensman Wrote: Haha! thats awesome. is there a dl link? or you still working on it. I wanna play it =] umm wow i didnt notice the dl link haha. getting it now. I'll Let you know how good it is when i beat it. Playing it now. And also thanks for all the help on my custom story as well. Your awesome.
Np Smile
Good custom map so far =] I wont say anything else to spoil it for others =] but great work so far.
Hope to see the next chapter soon =]120 views or something and no posts barely? Come on people, post your feedback and tell him any bugs if there are any or something.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 07:42 AM by Laurensman.)
10-31-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Okay my feedback:

Spoiler below!
This was Uhmm.. hard to say I quite enjoyed it, but there are still many problems overlapping textures etc. Scares was nice, but someways little rushed and fast paced and some rooms look really silly.

Overall: 2/5

Good:

- Scares at some points
- Design

Bad:

- Design at some points
- Entertainment
- Experience
- Little rushed all ways

I'm not judging it bad, just helping you improve your next project. It was still enjoyable just fix those problems and you are good. Smile
Sure waiting Chapter 2 and you should do it Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 06:38 PM by HumiliatioN.)
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

yep, nice map!

but bugs-
- i have 4 lanterns im my inventory!
- chainsaw - seems useless
- when i combine hammer+chipper and try to break last door, nothing happens..
Spoiler below!
[Image: gNFwtl.jpg]
10-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(10-31-2011, 09:15 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: yep, nice map!

but bugs-
- i have 4 lanterns im my inventory!
- chainsaw - seems useless
- when i combine hammer+chipper and try to break last door, nothing happens..
Spoiler below!
[Image: gNFwtl.jpg]
Spoiler below!
You don't need to combine the chipper and hammer, just use the chipper on the door ;D

And yeh, i think i set up a global variable wrong.

(10-31-2011, 06:38 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Okay my feedback:

Spoiler below!
This was Uhmm.. hard to say I quite enjoyed it, but there are still many problems overlapping textures etc. Scares was nice, but someways little rushed and fast paced and some rooms look really silly.

Overall: 2/5

Good:

- Scares at some points
- Design

Bad:

- Design at some points
- Entertainment
- Experience
- Little rushed all ways

I'm not judging it bad, just helping you improve your next project. It was still enjoyable just fix those problems and you are good. Smile
Sure waiting Chapter 2 and you should do it Smile
Thanks! What rooms didn't make sense? I'm guessing it was Level 3, with the huge castle base? Cause if it is, it didn't turn out as i hoped while making it either. I really only rushed the ending. But what else was rushed?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 10:35 PM by flamez3.)
10-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(10-31-2011, 10:32 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
Spoiler below!
You don't need to combine the chipper and hammer, just use the chipper on the door ;D

And yeh, i think i set up a global variable wrong.

damn its too late, i need to restart last save for that
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Find
Laurensman Offline

I like this story alot, cant wait for chapter 2 dude! lol

11-02-2011, 03:40 AM
Find
Acario Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [REL] MYSTERY: Chapter 1 UPDATE

Spoiler below!
The four lanterns in the inventory you seem to know the problem for that so that's not too bad and doesn't break the game or anything. Dark Knight wrote about a chainsaw... No idea what he's talking about may have missed it? Not a huge problem and most people won't notice but me looking for everything found a hole in the map (also, in the cutscene after the chase where you climb up the ladder it shows another part of the map at the part with the cages, nothing big just noting).

The beginning of the game I don't know if it was a stylistic choice but the fog was way too bright for me and I found it to be annoying more than anything. Also, all of the keys are named nothing or named machine room key. I spent so much time trying to figure out how to get out of the first room because I didn't think "Oh well let's try this on the cabinet that won't open" since it was named machine room key. Again, not many people would notice but it stalled me for a bit. At the end when you go through the "leave the place" door when it zooms in it's really annoying to try to move while zoomed in.

Other than those I liked the music especially the end when you go into the prison. Haven't listened to Hollywood Undead in a looong time.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46..._00001.jpg (pic of no roof :o )

Oh and at the part where you grab the key is it supposed to lock you in the iron maiden or is it just supposed to close. If it's supposed to close you in on it my scared ass walked only close enough to grab the key and it just shut in my face.

Good job man, can't wait for chapter 2. Was enjoyable to play.
11-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Find