Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? (/thread-18237.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - Kreekakon - 09-11-2012

Even though the music can be exploited very easily, I still say it's very important in the game. Without that music, I wouldn't ever feel the danger "coming".

RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - Robby - 09-11-2012

(09-11-2012, 04:36 PM)Deep One Wrote: Feature (?)--Enemies stay
You know, in TDD you can just sit in corner until search music stops, letting you to know that you're safe. There is no need to sneak past the enemies, unlike in Black Plague. I don't ever forget the moments when I had to sneak in dark hallways where the infected patrolled! Even if you changed the area and came back, they weren't gone. I also found Justine to be a bit more scary than TDD because monsters didn't disappear!
Seems good.

RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - The Rock Worm - 09-11-2012

You know, in TDD you can just sit in corner until search music stops, letting you to know that you're safe. There is no need to sneak past the enemies, unlike in Black Plague. I don't ever forget the moments when I had to sneak in dark hallways where the infected patrolled! Even if you changed the area and came back, they weren't gone. I also found Justine to be a bit more scary than TDD because monsters didn't disappear!
I prefer them staying in the area(s), it makes the gameplay harder and scarier.

RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - Deep One - 09-11-2012

(09-11-2012, 04:46 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
yeah that was my point, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - KingWolf - 09-11-2012

Feature (?) - More "Interface Screw". Possible "Mind Screw" as well!

RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - Robby - 09-11-2012

(09-11-2012, 05:08 PM)KingWolf Wrote: Feature (?) - More "Interface Screw". Possible "Mind Screw" as well!
Add ^, and I'm happy.

RE: What new features would you add in a non-Amnesia Frictional Games Adventure? - The Rock Worm - 09-11-2012

(09-11-2012, 05:03 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 04:46 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
yeah that was my point, maybe I wasn't clear enough.
You were clear, I was agreeing with you.

Feature (?) A melee weapon that only stuns an enemy, and never kills.
It would also anger an enemy that you attack, therefore becoming harder to shake off. Increases the terror.

(09-11-2012, 07:04 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Feature (?) A melee weapon that only stuns an enemy, and never kills.
That would be great! Just enough to slow them down, but they are too tough to kill with MacGyver-ing up a weapon.

(09-11-2012, 07:06 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 07:04 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Feature (?) A melee weapon that only stuns an enemy, and never kills.
That would be great! Just enough to slow them down, but they are too tough to kill with MacGyver-ing up a weapon.
It would also anger an enemy that you attack, therefore becoming harder to shake off. Increases the terror.