Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Looking For Help? Look No More! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Looking For Help? Look No More! (/thread-10026.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - DRedshot - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 07:30 AM)Homicide13 Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 03:12 PM)DRedshot Wrote: Well the file whch the .dae searches for is specified when the .dae file is made. So you have two options.
  • 1): Open the .dae file with a 3d software program, and specify the new texture, then export.
    2): Give the modified texture exactly the same name as the original texture. This includes the file extention.
    (if it was originally a .dds, convert the file to .dds)
>.< I dont even know how to edit the texture of a dae file, I've tried using model editing programs but I've always failed.
also theres got to be a better way then to rename the files exactly...
There is a better way!

Change the textures Path in Maya / Blender!
If you've got Blender I cant really help, but i think you press f5, then look around for a file path, then chage it to your custom texture, then export. Sorry for the vague response but I've never applied textures in blender Smile

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Bearscar - 09-16-2011

Where am I supposed to put my extra_english.lang file? dont think it work....

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Kyle - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 10:57 AM)Bearscar Wrote: Where am I supposed to put my extra_english.lang file? dont think it work....

Naturally, you don't need a extra_english.lang for your custom story to work. It can be used to add a descripting to your custom story. It can also be used for custom item's text and in-game messages.

Code:
[LANGUAGE]
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">[Description]</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
[/LANGUAGE]

In where it says "[Description]" is where you can put whatever you want.

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Bearscar - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 11:05 AM)Kyle Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 10:57 AM)Bearscar Wrote: Where am I supposed to put my extra_english.lang file? dont think it work....

Naturally, you don't need a extra_english.lang for your custom story to work. It can be used to add a descripting to your custom story. It can also be used for custom item's text and in-game messages.

Code:
[LANGUAGE]
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">[Description]</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
[/LANGUAGE]

In where it says "[Description]" is where you can put whatever you want.
Yeah I have done it and puttet it in the main folder of my custom story but the decription wont work ;s Any ideas?

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Leu Radu - 09-16-2011

I think you are my only hope... I've tried getting the Level Editor to work for quite some time now. I read quite a lot about it, posted a thread on the forum, but I still have no solution. I have detailed my problem here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10281.html
I'm really passionate about horror, both in literature and in games, and I was hoping to invest a lot of time in putting together a custom story. Please help!

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Dilzilla - 09-16-2011

so i have my lever connected to my shelf and my code.....but i've never done code and im lost.... can some one help?

Code:
////////////////////////////
// Run when entering map
void OnEnter()

OnStart
{
SetEntityConnectionStateChangeCallback("secret_lever", "StateChangeLever");
}

void StateChangeLever(string &in asEntity, int alState)
{
if(alState == 1){
SetLeverStuckState(asEntity, 1, true);
SetMoveObjectState("secret_shelf", 1.0f);
}

////////////////////////////
// Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()
{

}

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Homicide13 - 09-17-2011

Ok new question then: how do I import/apply new textures in blender? I tried looking up a tutorial but I still couldn't figure it out. (I'm pretty bad with this whole 3d modeling thing t.t)

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Your Computer - 09-17-2011

(09-17-2011, 02:49 AM)Homicide13 Wrote: Ok new question then: how do I import/apply new textures in blender? I tried looking up a tutorial but I still couldn't figure it out. (I'm pretty bad with this whole 3d modeling thing t.t)

What version of Blender are you using?

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Homicide13 - 09-17-2011

The latest, 2.59 I think

RE: Looking For Help? Look No More! - Kman - 09-17-2011

Whenever I place grass in an outdoors area and I walk over it, it seems as if the game is treating it like a solid object so it keeps making it impossible to walk over by making the player jump all over and get stuck constantly. I know this shouldn't be happening because when I see others use the same exact grass pieces they are able to walk right through it. Please help?