Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
AtDD Rapture Community Models - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Resources (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-42.html)
+---- Thread: AtDD Rapture Community Models (/thread-12383.html)

Pages: 1 2

AtDD Rapture Community Models - Rapture - 01-05-2012

-1 Hatchet (788 Polygons; Entity)
-Dead Tree 1 (657 Polygons; Static Object)
-Dead Tree 2 (824 Polygons; Static Object)
-Dead Tree 3 (676 Polygons; Static Object)
-Dead Tree 4 (1105 Polygons; Static Object)
-Dead Tree Stump (692 Polygons; Static Object)

Spoiler below!
[Image: moddb.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: modelpack2.png]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/EfzFGS6qxrY[/video]

Download Model Pack 1
Sorry about the first Model Pack having such a large size. GIMP saved the .dds at 16MB each, I don't know why.

Download Model Pack 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I won't take requests just yet. My aim is for models for outside enviroments since AtDD is really lacking in this area. This is the list that I'm planning to do atm.

1) More variation of the Dead Trees
2) Wooden Fences
3) Large Woodcutter's Axe
4) Tree Stump
5) Logs
6) Logs (For cutting with a Woodcutter's Axe; Variations of Half Cut, Single Piece)
7) Wood scrap pieces
8) Sign Post (Varations of 1-6 Ways)
9) Lamp Post
10) Firepit
11) Firewood (Varations of Normal, Burning, Charcoal)
12) Log House
13) Dead Tree Stump
14) Healthy live Trees

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Kman - 01-06-2012

Putting some leaves on/around the dead tree would make it a LOT better. Great work so far though!

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Rapture - 01-07-2012

I need some help with this leaf texture.

Spoiler below!
[Image: leaftexture.png][Image: leaftexture2.png]

1) How do I turn on some type of transparency for the leaf? I want people to see through whats not being textured by the leaf. But the leaf blocks the persons view.

2) How do I apply it to both sides of the plane?

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Khyrpa - 01-08-2012

1) Alpha channel with gimp/photoshop/whatever you're using to make textures. You also have to put alpha in the material editor. (check grass foliage material for example)

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Rapture - 01-08-2012

(01-08-2012, 09:19 AM)Khyrpa Wrote: 1) Alpha channel with gimp/photoshop/whatever you're using to make textures. You also have to put alpha in the material editor. (check grass foliage material for example)

Umm ok...

So I went to GIMP, right click the layer with the leaf and did >> "Add Alpha Channel" then I did another right-click >> "Alpha to Selection" and saved the .dds

Is that correct?

Then I went to Blender and replaced the image (Still shows the transparent areas up as white). I went to the materials tab and the only thing I could find for alpha was a "Show Alpha" if you were in the "Preview" tab. That didn't seem to work.

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Your Computer - 01-08-2012

In the Material Editor of Amnesia, under Texture Units, make sure Alpha is checked and set the image the same as Diffuse.

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Acies - 01-08-2012

1). If you want the leaf to be transparent an alpha layer cannot accomplish that. It can only determine wheter something is visible or "invisible".

Spoiler below!

Alpha
Size: Normal
File format: tga, single channel (greyscale).
Suffix: “alpha”.
Sets the alpha for each texture and for any lit surface this is a simply 0 or 1 decision per pixel since a lit pixel can never be half transparent, only fully visible or invisible.

Select everything but the leaf, color that black. Then select inverse and color the leaf white. Change it then to a grayscale picture and save as "your_name_alpha.tga".

2). Either reverse your plane 180 degrees, or create a very thin box. Textures can only be viewed from "one side" of a plane (in amnesia).

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Rapture - 01-08-2012

Thanks Khyrpa and Your Computer

I got it working now but the texture I made looks horrible. Any tips to making foilage? :-<

When I tried using the magic wand in GIMP to remove the white background, the stuff remaining is that outlining gunk. I'm not sure how to smooth it out. (Blur or Smudge does not help)

Spoiler below!
[Image: tipsforfoilage.png]

Edit: @Acies - I'll try that out, now really sure what grayscale is. But I'll take a look, thanks.

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - Your Computer - 01-09-2012

DDS supports transparency and you don't require an extra image for transparency. (My chain-linked fence set is proof of that.)

BTW, never use the magic wand tool for any complex selection. The GIMP has a much better way to convert colors to full alpha. Go to Colors > Color to Alpha. This filter does a really good job at converting a color to alpha.

As for making your branch better, you're going to need more polygons.

RE: AtDD Rapture Community Models - BlueFury - 01-09-2012

This looks great, please don't overdo the leaves though. And can you also keep one tree without leaves?