Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Story Ideas Needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Story Ideas Needed! (/thread-12506.html)

Pages: 1 2

Story Ideas Needed! - Gamemakingdude - 01-10-2012

Hi all, i need some ideas for my next custom story. I am welcoming all suggestions. An story idea i had was to make something silent-eqse but would require modellers and i have no modelling experience.

So i'm looking for other story ideas.

RE: Story Ideas Needed! - Elven - 01-10-2012

You usually need only base storyor idea, everything else comes while you are making it Wink

RE: Story Ideas Needed! - Gamemakingdude - 01-10-2012

Well, do you have any base story ideas that could help me out?

RE: Story Ideas Needed! - Your Computer - 01-10-2012

I'm willing to hand over an old idea of mine which i don't think i'll be making due to loss of interest.

The concept is based off of the phrase "right into my hands." It's about a detective that has finally found out where the psychopath he's been tracking commits all of his evils. Not knowing what troubles await the detective, he enters blindly into the psycho's lair. The complicated part of this story is that the player takes on the role of both the detective and the psychopath. Having been found, the psychopath is willing to hand himself over to the authorities under the condition that the detective passes all trials. When the player plays as the psychopath, the player is given the task to set up the trial. After having finished setting up the current trial, the roles switch to the detective, having to work out the puzzles and pass by the deadly traps. I had a special ending, but i'm not going to mention it.

In order to pull off this story really well, as you probably already see, you would have to come up with some clever puzzles and traps, since the player would be expecting everything due to having to set up the stage. Hence why the reward for the detective is capturing the culprit.

RE: Story Ideas Needed! - kartanonperuna - 01-10-2012

Thats an amazing story.

@Your Computer So basically you can swap between roles as the psychopath and detective. But you've confused me with the setting up bit.

Could the location be an mansion or apartments, or a theature. Also this sounds kinda like SAW.

RE: Story Ideas Needed! - flamez3 - 01-10-2012

(01-10-2012, 11:14 AM)Your Computer Wrote: I'm willing to hand over an old idea of mine which i don't think i'll be making due to loss of interest.

The concept is based off of the phrase "right into my hands." It's about a detective that has finally found out where the psychopath he's been tracking commits all of his evils. Not knowing what troubles await the detective, he enters blindly into the psycho's lair. The complicated part of this story is that the player takes on the role of both the detective and the psychopath. Having been found, the psychopath is willing to hand himself over to the authorities under the condition that the detective passes all trials. When the player plays as the psychopath, the player is given the task to set up the trial. After having finished setting up the current trial, the roles switch to the detective, having to work out the puzzles and pass by the deadly traps. I had a special ending, but i'm not going to mention it.

In order to pull off this story really well, as you probably already see, you would have to come up with some clever puzzles and traps, since the player would be expecting everything due to having to set up the stage. Hence why the reward for the detective is capturing the culprit.
Why are you so awesome?
Maybe a SAW idea?

RE: Story Ideas Needed! - Elven - 01-10-2012

That isn't bad idea for sure Smile...

You can set all of it up everywhere Tongue. What might be harder is making player to set the traps up Tongue... And this way that later it is hard for yourself to pass them as well Tongue.

RE: Story Ideas Needed! - Your Computer - 01-10-2012

(01-10-2012, 12:02 PM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: @Your Computer So basically you can swap between roles as the psychopath and detective. But you've confused me with the setting up bit.

Setting up as in preparing the stage. This involves manual and tedious labor by the player, but the goal of this labor is to incite emotion in the player (preferably fear or excitement), hence the need for very clever puzzles and traps.

So what kind of tasks are we expecting to do to set up the traps?