Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Exploration mode for Amnesia? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Exploration mode for Amnesia? (/thread-12650.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Exploration mode for Amnesia? - darkely - 01-17-2012

I know that uncovering story is fun but I was wondering if there was a way to simply explore the castle/mansion. I was annoyed about the fact that after you exited an area you could never go back to that area (well you could load a previous save but still). Going through the complex is simply amazing but you have to think to you're self at some point damn this place is massive. I personally would love to go exploring with out being murdered/eaten Big Grin by some monster. Any one else just want to explore and see how amazing the castle is?

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - Your Computer - 01-17-2012

MapView?

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - darkely - 01-17-2012

(01-17-2012, 12:42 AM)Your Computer Wrote: MapView?
Ya something to that extent where Daniel can simply walk around and explore the environment.

also in you're signature thanks I have been looking for a tutorial for custom stories for a while Big Grin

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - BlueFury - 01-17-2012

Just remake the whole game Tongue

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - darkely - 01-17-2012

(01-17-2012, 12:56 AM)BlueFury Wrote: Just remake the whole game Tongue
lol so it cannot be done? :'(

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - BlueFury - 01-17-2012

Well, I'm not sure actually, just try mapview.

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - Solitary Walker - 01-18-2012

I was actually hoping for an Amnesia Conversion mod which removes all the monster and spooky setting, like the blood and unlit areas. Would be a blast to explore the castle when it wasnt all taken over by the shadow and stuff.

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - darkely - 01-18-2012

(01-18-2012, 03:39 AM)Nonlethal106 Wrote: I was actually hoping for an Amnesia Conversion mod which removes all the monster and spooky setting, like the blood and unlit areas. Would be a blast to explore the castle when it wasnt all taken over by the shadow and stuff.
Ya I think so too

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - LucaP1000 - 01-19-2012

You can do it with the level editor, delete all monsters, scripts, quests, and modify destroyed sections to make them complete. I tried it once, I even used to remove all the dust and s**t on the ground XD.
I came to the water part, then I was too lazy and stopped. But it's not hard, just be patient, something good can come out of it if you really try.

RE: Exploration mode for Amnesia? - darkely - 01-19-2012

(01-19-2012, 07:56 PM)LucaP1000 Wrote: You can do it with the level editor, delete all monsters, scripts, quests, and modify destroyed sections to make them complete. I tried it once, I even used to remove all the dust and s**t on the ground XD.
I came to the water part, then I was too lazy and stopped. But it's not hard, just be patient, something good can come out of it if you really try.
Ya but the issue would be is that you know how each time you move on you cannot go back at all? in a since the castle is not really open so that could be a issue because other then the direct path in the castle (for the main story) there is no really other place to explore...