Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... (/thread-13205.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... - Vithcommalobsel - 02-14-2012

But I met those requirements. Said so numerous times.

RE: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... - Googolplex - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 08:13 PM)Vithcommalobsel Wrote: You're one of those guys on CoD or Halo or some other FPS that send people hate mail for using the "wrong" weapons, aren't you?

What?

I never wanted to play an action ego shooter game.
Why should I sent emails?

Do understand, that Amnesia is not a game to play only to find some fun.
Amnesia is something unique and should not be played wrong.
When you can forget that it's a game, it will scare you. Otherwise not.

If you can do it, then the creators either intended for you to do it or they messed up when designing the game. Which one of these things would you like to agree to?

Perhaps you should know what Amnesia is, before playing it like a shooter (run run run, without fear to get killed).

The game scared me to the ground and so much other people too.

RE: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... - Darkchef - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 08:25 PM)Vithcommalobsel Wrote: If you can do it, then the creators either intended for you to do it or they messed up when designing the game. Which one of these things would you like to agree to?
You don't seem to understand that Amnesia is an adventure game with a story. It isn't an open world game. It is linear and has certain paths that you have to take like most games. Even Call of Duty Tongue

Are you seriously saying you would actually read a book and then decide to write your own because you don't like it? Same difference to me.

I don't play Amnesia like a shooter...you can't shoot anything. WTF are you guys talking about?

RE: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... - Khyrpa - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 08:31 PM)Darkchef Wrote: You don't seem to understand that Amnesia is an adventure game with a story. It isn't an open world game. It is linear and has certain paths that you have to take like most games. Even Call of Duty Tongue

Are you seriously saying you would actually read a book and then decide to write your own because you don't like it? Same difference to me.
But it is in an interactive medium.
Everything you would like to do, but can't do have an effect on your immersion. That might been a big reason why Vithcommalobsel didn't experience the game like some other folk. Feels bad to be forced to being clumsy, afraid of dark and monsters if its not natural for the player.

RE: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... - xdeath - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 08:36 PM)Vithcommalobsel Wrote: I don't play Amnesia like a shooter...you can't shoot anything. WTF are you guys talking about?
Don't worry, that's just Googolplex.

(02-14-2012, 08:45 PM)xdeath Wrote: Don't worry, that's just Googolplex.
What do you mean here?

RE: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me... - ZraloK - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 07:59 PM)Vithcommalobsel Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 07:42 PM)Googolplex Wrote: You play Amnesia wrong, that's it.
Read the pre-menu again.
...also you find like 800 tinderboxes.
whoa whoa whoa, incredibly false and exaggerated... I found 102 + using very few, buddy used none and had about 110 or so. JUST SAYING. XD

I can see where immersion is the wrong way to view it at times because the "I would do it so much different IRL" argument is 100% in this case because like EVERY game it isn't RL.

I (and most {nothing against those who don't [not trying to define OP as one who doesn't]}) try to play games like this with immersion to the point of "okay I can't do this it seems, it isn't possible, so what should I do instead"

i.e. I can't grab a weapon-like object and fight so what's plan B? (All I could think of in the time of need was hide/RUN LIKE HELL)