Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Combination - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: Combination (/thread-13783.html)

Pages: 1 2

Combination - Saren - 03-05-2012

Yo guys, I was wondering if any of you know how you combine the hammer and chipper.... I have tried so many different ways and I can't get it to work..
Anyone?

RE: Combination - Saren - 03-06-2012

Y NO ONE ANSWER? =(

RE: Combination - Your Computer - 03-06-2012

(03-06-2012, 01:41 AM)Saren Wrote: Y NO ONE ANSWER? =(

Would you prefer for no one to answer you or for someone to direct you to AddCombineCallback?

(03-06-2012, 02:06 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 01:41 AM)Saren Wrote: Y NO ONE ANSWER? =(

Would you prefer for no one to answer you or for someone to direct you to AddCombineCallback?
Lol, you wonna see the different scripts I've tried?.... 1 guy pointed me towards an inventory.hps, another said is was script.... so pardon me for thinking that ain't much help.. I tried 1 myself, asked my friend, he gave me 3 different ones... still nothing... and yes, I have tried with AddCombineCallback...

RE: Combination - HollowRiku13 - 03-06-2012

Create an inventory.hps, move it to your maps folder, then add this:

Spoiler below!
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

void hammer_chipper(string &in asItemA, string &in asItemB)
{
PlayGuiSound("15_make_hammer", 1.0f);
RemoveItem(asItemA); RemoveItem(asItemB);
GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);
}

////////////////////////////
// Run at the start of the game.
void OnGameStart()
{

/////HAMMER & CHIPPER COMBO/////
AddCombineCallback("hammer_chipper", "Nameofyourhammerhere", "Nameofyourchipperhere", "hammer_chipper", false);

}

I hope it works. Wink

(03-06-2012, 02:35 AM)HollowRiku13 Wrote: Create an inventory.hps, move it to your maps folder, then add this:

Spoiler below!
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

{
GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);
}

void OnGameStart()
{

AddCombineCallback("hammer_chipper", "Nameofyourhammerhere", "Nameofyourchipperhere", "hammer_chipper", false);

}

I hope it works. Wink
It did indeed, thank you sir. It was just so dissapointing, I really thought I could make it work before... even my friend could'nt... I had really given up.... haha, I was about to make a script about throwing a rock at the wall instead xD But no need for that now, thx again.

RE: Combination - Datguy5 - 03-06-2012

(03-06-2012, 02:35 AM)HollowRiku13 Wrote: Create an inventory.hps, move it to your maps folder, then add this:

Spoiler below!
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

{
}

void OnGameStart()
{

}

I hope it works. Wink
I thought you have to place the inventory.hps in the main folder of your custom story..

(03-06-2012, 02:02 PM)Datguy5 Wrote:

Spoiler below!
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

{
}

void OnGameStart()
{

}

I hope it works. Wink
I thought you have to place the inventory.hps in the main folder of your custom story..
Lol yea, that's what I did xD

RE: Combination - Datguy5 - 03-06-2012

(03-06-2012, 02:03 PM)Saren Wrote:

Spoiler below!
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

{
}

void OnGameStart()
{

}

I hope it works. Wink
Oh good.And is it working now?Because im gonna have combinations in my story too.

(03-06-2012, 02:05 PM)Datguy5 Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 02:03 PM)Saren Wrote:

Spoiler below!
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

{
}

void OnGameStart()
{

}

I hope it works. Wink
Oh good.And is it working now?Because im gonna have combinations in my story too.
Nono, that's was the reason it DID'nt work, I out it into my maps folder instead