Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS] (/thread-13891.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS] - Damascus - 03-10-2012

[Image: 27FiI.jpg]
Feature page: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15774.html

Developed by Damascus and Crisosphinx. "The Great Work" is a Custom Story taking place in the Amnesia: TDD universe, with an all-new original storyline. I will be making use of atmosphere and suspense to inflict fear, and detailed texts and dialogue to present an intricate and engaging storyline. Warning: Some of the puzzles are very difficult; they will require knowledge, logic, attention to detail, and great patience. Look forward to the following features: All new models; all new enemies; over seven hours of gameplay; original voice talent; branching storylines; and four completely different endings!

You are Charles Longden, an archaeologist studying Minneburg, a German castle abandoned due to recent cave-ins. You are sleeping late one morning when you are shaken awake by a tremor running through the castle. There is no sign of your partner, Jane. Where has she gone?

The answer lies only in the depths of Minneburg.

Translations
I'm looking for people willing to translate the Great Work!

I'd like to at least have the basics: Spanish, French, German, Russian, etc. I have one person who is working on a Polish translation, and another who may be willing to translate to French.

Let me know if you are interested! Keep in mind that because this is such a long game, it is a HUGE amount of translation work!

French - Maber
Polish - amnesiaPUZZLES
Dutch - Smoke
Danish - martinnord
Br. Portugeuse - Victor

Production Progress
Production is finished! Please visit the feature page or ModDB to check it out!

RE: Stein der Weisen, Part 1: Festung - Kman - 03-10-2012

One request (since this actually looks like it has a lot of potential) could you possibly release the whole thing at once rather than in parts? It just feels a lot nicer when it's done that way, and I'd also like to play an entire custom story for once Tongue

RE: Stein der Weisen, Part 1: Festung - Damascus - 03-10-2012

I was definitely thinking about doing it that way, but each part will be separated by time and geographical distance, so i won't be combining it into a single custom story anyway. (It won't make much sense for a level door to transport you from Germany to Britain and two weeks into the future.) I just thought of doing it this way since I though it'd help me keep momentum if I release in little chunks. Each part should be about as long as Justine and will probably take a month or more to build.

RE: Stein der Weisen: Festung (seeking VA and modeler) - Damascus - 03-15-2012

Now that I'm almost to the halfway point of completing my first mission, I'll be seeking some help in finishing it.

I'll be needing a voice actor for a single line at the end of the mission (and possibly a few at the beginning of the second). Adult male, older tone preferred. Very subtle German accent is optional.

Modelling will not be that difficult. For the majority of the series I will be relying on mostly original models and variations of them. I only need two custom items (inventory) for this mission: a colored rock, and a bag of gold. Basically just a small bag of thalers that works as its own item and not stackable "money."

If anyone is interested, please hit me up!

RE: Stein der Weisen: Festung (seeking VA and modeler) - kartanonperuna - 03-15-2012

I could voice it.

RE: Stein der Weisen: Festung (seeking VA and modeler) - Damascus - 03-16-2012

Any samples I could listen to? Smile

RE: Stein der Weisen: Festung (seeking VA and modeler) - kartanonperuna - 03-16-2012

http://soundcloud.com/kartanonperuna

RE: Stein der Weisen: Festung (seeking VA and modeler) - Damascus - 03-28-2012

Festung is almost finished! I'll be starting some beta-testing while I put a few final things together. If anyone is interested in testing my level, please post here! I'm looking for critical feedback in the following areas: Gameplay, Design, Scripting, Story, Atmosphere, Scares, Writing.

I've added some additional previews to the first post.

RE: [TESTING] Stein der Weisen: Festung - HumiliatioN - 03-28-2012

I can test for sure and give nice feedback too Smile

RE: Stein der Weisen, Part 1: Festung - Adrianis - 03-28-2012

(03-10-2012, 05:10 PM)Damascus Wrote: (It won't make much sense for a level door to transport you from Germany to Britain and two weeks into the future.)
It doesn't have to be a level door, you can change levels using scripts and have an intro-sequence or loading screen text which explains why the story has moved to Britain 2 weeks into the future. I agree with Kman, it would be better to make a single custom story in 3 months than 3 seperate much shorter stories in the same time. Gives the player much more time to get immersed in the story. Splitting them runs the risk of the player losing interest in between parts, waiting a month or more for a Part 2 can kill a players emotional involvement.

Good luck regardless mate, hope it turns out well.